Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1995/94 Prevost Liberty Level Low Problem.

One other thing too that your chassis has. The three position spool valve on the rear left rear and right rear are norgren's but the two position valves on the left and right rear are berkot valves. When redoing suspension stuff on this vintage bus you have the option and a choice to make on whether you want to stay with those two position Burkett valves or make them all norgren's.

I think they only did this for a couple of years but I've seen both H's and XLs like this.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 05-17-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    9 Speed Roadranger
    708 243 7871

Hi Joe Camper,
    Thank you again for taking all of this time to help me out with my coach! It's weird. I got the right rear to dump in manual mode by removing the line coming from the air bag up to beneath the drivers compartment. So by removing the solenoid and energizing the pilot air solenoid I was successfully able to lower the right and side. I disassembled the solenoid activated norgren and found moisture had gotten into the piston portion gumming it up. I cleaned and used Vaseline to lubricate (I have a 5 month old and that's all I had on hand) just to see if I could get it to work. Well I put it all back together and installed piston the opposite it, having the side with three O-rings on the fill side. Well it worked, sort of! It now functions but because I installed the piston 180 degrees to the opposite it now fills slowly throughout the night rather than slowly leaking waking up and falling out the window i now wake up and fall back into bed... not such a bad thing. All kidding aside I need to either purchase a new norgren or replace the o-rings. Now for the weird part, during the diagnosis when I raised the tag axle with the rear all the way up all of the air released from the Haldex ride height valve. I don't know why but after moving the arm up and down with the linkage disconnected I haven't been able to duplicate it since. The valve appears brand new, as the coach was described in listing to have all new air bags which seems to be concurrent with visual inspection of the air bags.

It's kind of sketchy what you're telling me.

If you want to check the ride height valve it's only going to function with the key on. when you take the linkage away from the ride height valve and you work it up and down there's a delay you got to wait and you know that now but it's only going to work with the key on.

Nothing u do under the driver's seat can effect a lean with the key off, in any way.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; Today at 09:20 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    9 Speed Roadranger
    708 243 7871

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camper View Post
    It's kind of sketchy what you're telling me.

If you want to check the ride height valve it's only going to function with the key on. when you take the linkage away from the ride height valve and you work it up and down there's a delay you got to wait and you know that now but it's only going to work with the key on.

Nothing u do under the driver's seat can effect a lean with the key off, in any way.
    I get what you're saying Joe. Do you think the right rear pilot solenoid could be passing sending air to the 5 port Norgren in the rear and coincidentally leak through the Norgren added by Liberty under the drivers compartment?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12