Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Safety System

Default Tire Safety System

Here is an interesting tire monitor that replaces your value stem.

http://www.beru.com/download/produkt..._tss_lkw_e.pdf

GregM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

It does say for standard instalation not for retrofitting but a great product and example of the bennifits.

What are you waiting for?
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 02-24-2007 at 02:59 AM.

Maybe I am not as quick to embrace technology as some, but while I see the merits of any system to alert a driver of a loss of tire pressure I also see some drawbacks.

It is at best a pain in the a$$ checking tire pressures. Those who routinely check their tire pressures will agree there is nothing more frustrating than doing it, and then having the Schrader valve on the inner drive tire decide it does not want to seat. But despite the effort, I also feel around the tires to see if I can sense the start of uneven wear or feel something in the tire that should not be there, like a nail.

If I had a system like that I would probably not check my tires or at least not check them as often. And then what would be the possibility the sensors would fail to alert you of a low pressure problem?

win42 Guest

Wink

If I had a system like that I would probably not check my tires or at least not check them as often. And then what would be the possibility the sensors would fail to alert you of a low pressure problem?[/QUOTE]

John outside of the thrill of feeling a tire up have you ever really felt any protrusions or bumpy surfaces? Sorry the devil made me post it.

Harry,

I wish I could say no, that I never have problems, but over the years I have felt the little waviness in the outside edge of the tire that says it needs an alignment. I have felt nails and screws in the tires, and The reason I just replaced the tags is I felt a slight bulge in the sidewall going from just above the tread to the bead. It was not present on any other tire so rather than screw up the trip to FL I replaced the tires. I am sure it was related to a nail penetration a year ago just above the tread.

We have had two tire issues on the road in our years of ownership. I have not been able to get Michelins in our size (both were the 12R22.5) and the result is you put the odd size tire on the tags no matter which tire was originally damaged. Anything I can do to avoid the inconvenience of tire problems on the road is worth the effort.

I'm going to Germany next month so I try and track some info down on this. In my trips to Germany they sure have some great looking buses.
    GregM

I wish I could say my experience with things that have a three pointed star have been positive.

[QUOTE=Jon Wehrenberg;11024]Harry,

I wish I could say no, that I never have problems, but over the years I have felt the little waviness in the outside edge of the tire that says it needs an alignment.

Jon,

I also check the front tires for waviness when checking the air pressure every morning. I have saved my 2 steering tires by catching an alignment problem early.

Maybe I'm just a bit anal, but I like checking the tires and adding air to keep them up to the exact pressure required by Michelin.

Checking air pressure is just as important as checking oil and fluid levels; it should be done every morning when on the road.

I just look at it as part of the fun
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga, I wish I had your proactive attitude. I am sometimes remiss in checking everything. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Remiss

Me too Cosmo!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost