Thread: 8V92 cash vs S60 finance. Pre purchase inspection questions

Threaded View

Post 8V92 cash vs S60 finance. Pre purchase inspection questions

I've been searching the forums for a specific question and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Maybe you guys can help?

I'm currently looking at an older 1992 Prevost Royale because I could pay cash (69k) and finding financing is very difficult these days (Incredible Bank likes big incomes, Voyager Credit can only do 7 year terms, and major banks won't finance without NADA values--which Prevosts don't have). So my question is, for my very first Prevost, will an older bus (specifically the 8V92 engine) put me under water quicker than financing a newer bus (1997-2000) for 7 years with an S60? That is to say what is better: a Prevost I own and pay for maintenance, or a newer ‘more reliable’ bus and make payments on it with hopefully less maintenance?

If not, what specific questions do I ask the mechanic to check for on the Pre Purchase Inspection on the older bus in order to prevent a major mistake later on down the road??

im trying to stay within an $1800-2000/month budget for everything including insurance, RV sites, and either heavy maintenance or Bus payments with less maintenance.

Thanks,

Vinnie
    Last edited by flier4life; 05-13-2018 at 07:01 PM.