Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumping Black/Grey Water Tanks

Now I am worried about attending the FMCA rally in Gillette, Wyoming in July. We will go into "conservation mode" but what if we need a pump out? If I am understanding correctly, gray water should not be a problem due to all the vents. I am assuming the pump truck will create a larger vacuum than the vent can handle on the black tank? Is there some way to force the toilet flapper valve to stay open? Can't the pump truck throttle back to idle? Surely other Marathon owners have crossed this bridge. Why couldn't I stand by the toilet and continuously flush it to relieve the vacuum? Sure would appreciate other Marathon owners to give us their advice and experience.
    Philip and Katie Parker
    2000 Marathon

Philip,

Just open black and gray tanks at the same time.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

GIL, after posting , I wondered why it would not be the best solution to just open both tank valves. Surely the pump truck couldn't overwhelm both tank vents or can it? But you are the first one to come up with this solution, after discussing macerators, swimming pools and so on. Wonder why only Marathon? I would still like to hear if anyone doesn't think this is the correct answer.
    Philip and Katie Parker
    2000 Marathon