Thread: On the road with generator issues

Default On the road with generator issues

Just bought 1998 marathon with yanmar generator. Generator is supplying power to coach but not sending charging power to the Gen batteries as shown by voltmeter and gen voltmeter. Since all this is new and I am going on the road I thought I could ask for trouble shooting tips. The "bat on master is set to on but also below 12 volts. Any help appreciated.

Battery connections, terminals need cleaning , wires broken or loose on alternator, condition / age of battery, fan belt tightness, acid level in battery. Load test the battery with volt meter.

Please wear eye protection....just saying

AL

Check the battery voltage with a multimeter. If it's 13.5V or greater with the generator running then the generator alternator is working.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

With gen running and providing power to coach, batteries of gen not getting charged. Looked at the power tech manual electric diagram but did not figure out where 13 volt should be returning back to batteries.

Just measure the battery voltage with the generator running. BTW, check the battery voltage before starting the generator to determine if there's a charger on the generator battery.

Gil and Durlene

You have a solar charger on the roof, just FYI.

Default more questions

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    You have a solar charger on the roof, just FYI.
    previous owner removed solar panel! Can someone tell me where the inverters in the Marathon are located. could not see them anywhere below the inside coach floor ie the battery compartment nor engine area.
    Thanks

Try the ceiling of the second or third bay driver's side. Later, they were on the ceiling of the 4th bay driver's side.

Gil and Durlene