Thread: If if if

Default If if if

If u have any ifs please share them.......we all need it.

Heres one for starters.

IF you could convert an H and position the passenger seat, one correctly chosen for the task, in a fashion so when you got parked you could have it on a lift and it would elevate to the living room floor height so you can rotate it around.

That would give you a a bigger front room and leave you with a whole bunch more floor plan options wouldn't it?

Why would this not be a good idea or why could it not be done.

What's your ifs? This topic has the potential of taking this thread into the Oort Zone
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-18-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Plastic coaches do spin around driver seats already. But I don't want one of those any longer, one was enough.

I do love the raised leveled steering wheel, cloth cover, desk lamp arrangement. Gives it that home feeling.....smile
    Last edited by BoaterAl; 03-18-2018 at 02:10 PM.

I'm talking about the passenger seat.

20180105_183439.jpg

But I'm with you with the lamp for the driver's seat Al.

Help Gill my pic is sideways.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camper View Post

IF you could convert an H and position the passenger seat, one correctly chosen for the task, in a fashion so when you got parked you could have it on a lift and it would elevate to the living room floor height so you can rotate it around.

That would give you a a bigger front room and leave you with a whole bunch more floor plan options wouldn't it?

I think this is a wonderful idea as it would add functionality to the coach.

I've looked at what it would take for the passenger seat to be part of the living space, like it can be with an X.

The first challenge is not making the seat elevate to the living space level, that can be accomplished in a few ways. The challenge may be how, if at all, can this accomplished and meet any seat anchoring requirements that may be required by DoT.

The next challenge may make any DoT challenge moot. Not only would the seat have to raise, so should the flooring between the front seats. It would be unsafe not to raise floor that would be in front of the rotated passenger seat. Yes, you could raise the floor between the passenger seats. Unfortunately, I don't see a fix for adding a step when the floor is raised.

I have to believe the converters already looked at this and through their arms up on the idea.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion