Thread: Tow bars

Default Tow bars

What's out there nowadays what's better than the other Blue Ox has a few different models. Roadmaster?

What's the ratings if you're pulling a three quarter ton pickup truck loaded to the gills with camping stuff maybe a bike in the back maybe a bike lift with it a golf cart lot of weight?

What's the latest and greatest?
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

joe, this is a question that I have also,in my travel to west palm show my 10,000 tow bar had gotten loose in the bolt that held inside the tube, i pull a f250 ford 4 wheel drive with golf cart , so is this a problem with tow bars in general. i did not continue to pull the truck because of this problem. I installed another set of towbars with large loging chains for safety. I curoious it anyone has had this same problem or simuraley experences

Take a look at NSA. They offer a heavy capacity tow bar with a built in surge brake if you want to use it. For the heavy tow you are talking about I would think you would want a more robust brake system. I use this setup, including the surge brake, towing a Mini Cooper S Clubman. Don’t even know it is there. Easy to mount, dismount whether level or not.

Thanks Jerry.

Something new to me anyway is this reoccurring thing with many manufacturers that feature that allows you to unhook it even on a slope without it having everything in a bind that's nice.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I like Roadmaster base plates and on car horizontal stiffening bar better. I think RM and BO make 10K rated tow bars. RM has the new non binding tow bar feature. I sure could used that feature in a tight turn once.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion