Thread: AUX AIR PRESSURE

Default AUX AIR PRESSURE

What kind of adjustable pressure air regulator can you find that lets you adjust to around 40 on to 80 off?

Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan,

You'll probably find most pressure switches to turn on 20-25 PSI below the turn off pressure. Do you have a special need to let the pressure drop 40 PSI? If you can't find one, you can install 2. A bit ugly, but it can be wired to work.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I've seen Regulators on buses that you can adjust the parameters like that but I have to agree with Gill it's kind of unnecessary.

There's two little set screws in them versus a 3/16 nut squeezing or releasing the tension on a spring which is how the most of them are.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

BTW, don't buy a pressure switch without an unloader valve, which most if not all air compressor pressure switches have.

Gil and Durlene

Cannot find one that is adjustable because I need 12v
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan don't worry about the voltage. The ones rated for 120/240V will work fine. The current rating is the important spec.

Gil and Durlene

20180317_142355.jpg

Here is one of the other kind, for lack of a better term, of pressure sensor switches. You can play with the parameters with one like this. it's a little confusing to get it figured out at least it was for me but you can do it.

Kind of like timing and dwell
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-17-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

Does someone have the supplier info for the above part number. Tried Granger, negative. Ones shown in Granger has features we don't use.

Al this is on one of those California air compressors I've been using for aux air compressors when they go bad and it's Chinese. I'll take a picture of the other side of the cap it's got a name brand on that cover you can possibly research that.

I know I came across one prior to finding California Air Products did you try Square D?

On my bus I had rewired the control for the compressor like a Horton fan clutch on a semi truck. It was a 3 position switch automatic, off and manual. Right before bed every night Id put it on manual when the TV was on and you really couldn't hear it, wasn't a bother and I'd run it up 120 right before I go to bed, put it back on auto and it last all night never come on back on, the auto would kick in was about 50 or so.

That was like my comfort zone and my litmus test. If she start losing more than 40 or 50 pounds overnight and a compressor would kick on it was time to get after it again, start finding some leaks again.

Now that I'm thinking about it another thing that I reconfigured the control was the external cooling fans in the inverter Bays. It seemed to me like those thermostatic controls it have to get to dog gone hot before they would kick on and so Id switch them manually or on auto either way I want. If it was hot out there they were on manual running constant. You know how it is if you wait until the baby gets so hot that the sensor kicks the fan on it can't get caught back up but if you run them prior when you know it's going to be hot they did a way better job

Both good conveniences that's really easy to do.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 03-17-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

Here is the lid.

20180317_180938.jpg

Good luck
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens