Thread: XL AV Remodel

Default XL AV Remodel

I am considering an interior remodel on my front AV cabinet, bedroom AV cabinet, and outdoor AV. I would appreciate seeing some photos from some of you who have undertaken this process. So, please share your thoughts and photos of best ideas and remodels. Thanks.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by aggies09 View Post
    I am considering an interior remodel on my front AV cabinet, bedroom AV cabinet, and outdoor AV. I would appreciate seeing some photos from some of you who have undertaken this process. So, please share your thoughts and photos of best ideas and remodels. Thanks.
    I replaced My front TV with a Samsung 40” Smart LED on a swing away mount. 32” LED Smart in the bedroom. Still have to do the outside entertainment center.

After removing my Tubes, I measured the opening and found some Flat Panel Smart Tv's I think were like 32" and the fit width perfect, I then used a swing away arm mounted inside the old Tb enclosure and lined both sides with velcro to hold the tv from swinging... I then moved all the rest of the electronics, Bose head unit etc to just under the unit which now had about 6-7"high... worked perfect except the remotes, so I went off to ebay and located a 4 unit remote repeater which has one optical eye I mounted and the rest are all buried behind the plexi glass doors.... clean and low tech easy.... I now have a nice space behind the TV I have allocated for storage of not often used items, mostly spare parts etc.... that otherwise would be taking up other valuable cabinet or drawer space... I'll try to snap a few pictures...

And of coarse that is also a great hiding place for items as well... Like the stuff ( wifey calls junk) I acquire from time to time that she doesn't need to know about lol.

This may be extreme for the front TV. I wanted a larger TV than I could figure out installing above the windshield. So, this was my solution, http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...ighlight=xl+tv

For the Bedroom TV I found a 32" TV that fit in the existing opening. Given it was shorter, I installed a shelf under the TV that was mounted high in the opening. I also cut the plexi door so that the TV was always exposed.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4