Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POG Rally 2018

I am not sure if this is the correct place, but it was our understanding that there is a Prevost Gathering scheduled in Las Vegas at the Oasis RV Park in October 21st through 25th, 2018? Is this correct? and if so, can we, as Prevost want-a-be's attend? We are still looking for our "perfect" unit... I know, no such thing really...

Fran and Vince
    Moving Tara

That would be a Prevost Prouds rally. They are easy to find through Google.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thank you!!

Fran
    Moving Tara

Several of us are here at the rally and more are expected today. Today is my wife’s birthday and to celebrate I’m having cake and ice cream tonight (Monday) in the game room at Evergreen RV Resort. Everyone is invited to join us at 7:00 pm. Bring whatever beverage you want. See you there.

Denny

Default Bus Weighing

Gil’s bus being weighed this morning at POG rally courtesy of the Ohio State Troopers.
    20180926_221954.jpg
    Last edited by Gil_J; 09-26-2018 at 10:25 PM.

If you haven't had side-to-side axle weights then you likely have underinflated tires. Today's participants saw side-to-side weight differences well over 1,000 pounds

Gil and Durlene

Weighing those buses has to rattle some of those state troopers. If they put a truck that's a commercial vehicle on those Portables and came up with those kind of weights on the drive axle that poor trucker would be pulling a couple thousand dollars out of his pocket to pay for a fine for that truck with the same weights.

The only way you can put 20,000 pounds on an axle in a commercial vehicle legally is it has to be positioned alone and at least 10 ft away from any other single axle. The most weight that you can put on any axle that's in a cluster with 1 or more other axles is 17000 lb. Those r bridge laws.

Gill, any drives weighed yesterday north of 21000lb? That would be way out of whack in the commercial world not only what they fine you but they'd make you move that and get right.

Why buses get a pass like that I never could figure that out.

Question? R u being weighed on asphalt or concrete?
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 09-27-2018 at 06:34 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Gil’s bus being weighed this morning at POG rally courtesy of the Ohio State Troopers.
    20180926_221954.jpg
    Thanks for the picture Denny , I love the American flag on Gil’s drivers shade.

Just a bit of eye candy from the rally.

What a great time! Another fun filled rally with a lot of activities. Best of all, was the interaction with others that share the passion of Prevost ownership.

Most Prevost models and conversions were represented with the 30 plus coaches that attended. And show coaches represented by Legacy Coach, Imperial Luxury Coach and USA Coach may have had some considering moving up.

As everyone departs, just remember that some things that happen in Dundee stay in Dundee. Anyone that has a particular DVD needs to be reminded that those are for private viewing.

We may have had a rally first; an engagement! Congratulations!

20180929_085658.jpg

20180929_085622.jpg

20180929_085546.jpg

Gil and Durlene

Joe,

I don't think anyone exceeded the federal limits. BTW, I'm pretty sure the tandem limit is 34K, not 17K per axle in the tandem. At least that's how I read the bridge limits.

Rocky, thanks.

Gil and Durlene