Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centramatic Opinion

Default Centramatic Opinion

I had Centramatic disks installed on all axles when I purchased my bus and after 8,000+ miles, I'm not noticing any tire balance issues.

Coincidence? Or, do these things really work?

Either way, I'm happy!
    Last edited by Gil_J; 02-16-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Yes, they really work. I've installed them on every motor home I've owned, four total. The steel band works by balancing everything that rotates, tire, wheel, hub. Benefits also include less tire heat, tire cupping eliminated, longer tire life.

Watch video .....

www.centramatic.com
    Last edited by BoaterAl; 02-16-2018 at 07:51 AM.

I can feel them when I'm coming off a dead stop from a rest area or from a traffic light as I'm entering the freeway. For about a mile or so you can feel a slight wobble in the wheel until they take a set. Then your floating.

There was an inner hub seal leaking on a drive axle on my bus when I bought it. It had been in a sandy parking lot outside I think because there was a full coffee can of filter cake that was packed in the inner rim. Sand and oil mixed in there overtime. I dug it out it was a huge pile. I couldn't even begin to imagine how far out a balance that wheel was but I couldn't feel it in the bus. Wheel weights fall off sometimes you can spin the rim on the tire in a panic stop disrupting balance.

Awsum product.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-16-2018 at 07:44 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

When buying tires new you should still let them check it on a spin balance even if you use the centramatics and here's why.

We had a 365 mounted up on a rim one time and they spun balanced it initially and the Machine said it needed 26 grams of weight to get it balanced. Instead of doing that and having a ridiculous amount of weight on the rim we dismounted the tire enough to turn it a hundred and eighty degrees on the rim and when we checked it again it needed less than 10grams.

Doing this along with your centramatics is going to help the product even more.

I don't know if Michelin does it but on a lot of truck tires is a little red dot on the sidewall that they suggest you line up with the valve stem. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't what if the rim is out of whack a little bit in terms of balance I don't know how good that method is.

Happy camping
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camper View Post
    I can feel them when I'm coming off a dead stop from a rest area or from a traffic light as I'm entering the freeway. For about a mile or so you can feel a slight wobble in the wheel until they take a set. Then your floating.
    Awsum product.
    Joe, you have much more seat time and a strong basis of comparison of the before/after effects of the Centramatix and I'll trust your opinion. This Newbie can only state that on my first full size bus (the other is smaller), I'm not experiencing any tire balance issues and that's a good thing!

I want to clarify about that red dot that you might see on a sidewall. That's definitely a good place to start putting it at the valve stem when you mount it up but if you do and the machines telling you and absorbent amount of weight if you let the air back out of it and turn it on the rim 180 degrees I think quite frequently you'll have a way better result and the need for a lot less weight. Especially the 365s. When the manufacturers put that red dot on there they assume you're putting it on a rim that's reasonably balanced but not all of them are.

I'm not suggesting you balance the tire when it's on the spin machine if your using centramatics just make sure that the imbalance is as little as you can make it and then the centramatics are going to do a way better job.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post
    Yes, they really work. I've installed them on every motor home I've owned, four total. The steel band works by balancing everything that rotates, tire, wheel, hub. Benefits also include less tire heat, tire cupping eliminated, longer tire life.

Watch video .....

www.centramatic.com
    Al, where do you get these?
    What is the approximate cost for a set for a coach?

Second post on this thread has Centramatic web address. Put your curser on blue address, hit your enter, it will take you directly to site.
    Part number along with order info, cost per axle set is listed.

AL

Picture shows properly mounted tire .... appox 1/4 inch from rim. This line is the guideline for tire centered on rim.

Tire mounters should use this simple spot check when installing new tires. Owners can quickly check if they did it right.
    AL

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BoaterAl; 02-17-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoaterAl View Post
    Second post on this thread has Centramatic web address. Put your curser on blue address, hit your enter, it will take you directly to site.
    Part number along with order info, cost per axle set is listed.

AL
    Thanks Al. Now I know that I misspelled the name of the company. Thanks for posting the correct spelling in the link!