Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accent lighting replacement

I love the way they glow through the Corian tops but they all got to be lit every stinking bulb
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    9 Speed Roadranger
    708 243 7871

Joe
    that is why I was planning on going to Marathon when you are done with me in Abilene
    Gary & Lee Wood
    05Marathon
    16Wrangler Unlimited

Just FYI...Marathon Dallas just did my ceiling lights LED conversion for $1800 last week...I didn’t ask about the rope light conversion because I knew it would be high...I use those lights very little so not a huge deal...

Dennis
    Dennis & Carolyn Tune
    NW Arkansas
    2006 Marathon XLII #976
    2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock

Dennis,

I assume all of the lights that dimmed before still dim. Do you know if they changed the dimmers?

Given there is about 40 ceiling puck lights in a typical coach, that's not that bad of a price.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    Dennis,

I assume all of the lights that dimmed before still dim. Do you know if they changed the dimmers?

Given there is about 40 ceiling puck lights in a typical coach, that's not that bad of a price.
    If they just swapped out the halogen bulb for the LED disc bi-pin light that's about right. I won't install those. Be especially careful if the fixture has twist off lenses. Those discs get hot on the back side and need air flow. I have seen them literally smoke. There are so many Asian countries making them with cheaper and cheaper components. Be very careful with any of the new LED's from Amazon or any other "discount" re-seller.
    Last edited by Donnie Myers; 06-13-2018 at 06:26 AM.

IMG_1467.JPGIMG_1470.JPG

I made this tool to remove puck light plastic lenses. Soft rubber held on with Elmers glue. Wood pieces are held together with Elmers and short dry wall screw. Shelf liner is soft and flexible allowing the very fragile disc protection against breakage.

Gentle push and twist of puck light cover

Joe Camper.....you wrote about special tools we have in our tool box. I forgot all about this one.
    Al
    2007 Marathon #1075
    H3-45 3/Valid slides
    2010 GMC Arcadia AWD
    3rd Marathon, 1-XL 2-H's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12