Thread: Anyone know this coach? any feedback welcomed

Default Anyone know this coach? any feedback welcomed

not sold on upgrading but thinking... in any event, I found this and like the layout..

here is what I noticed:
    1. Seems to be missing arm rest on drivers seat and sink covers
    2. Seems to have a LARGE rear slide
    3. can't tell if it has the 365 upgrade my XL has
    4. Can't tell if it has had any panel repair/rivet updates?
    5. Genset low hours at under 350 are a bonus
    6. Low milage at under 50K are a bonus as I use my coach, over 50K miles in 2 years
    7. seems to have updated awnings
    8. has older tube tv in bay and phone hanging on wall, which means other systems may be dated
    9. as low mileage, Id question health of lifeline batteries

How is Olympia to deal with? what say members to actual value?

I'm ok with an Orphaned coach, I do 90% of all my own maint, and am an EE by trade so the electronics isn't an issue, as well as air, suspension etc...

Oops... link

https://www.olympialuxurycoaches.com...i-double-slide

Ken,

Austin is a good guy.

The guy behind American Carriage is still in business. He does service work. I've dug around a late 90s XL and the electrical work was certainly above average. I know AC installed their own slides. These appear to be Prevost slides. If so, it would be good to know if they are Gen-1. If so, new pins might be worthwhile.

Given the flooring in the living area of the coach, I'll bet 365 tires are the right tires for the steer axle.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

While Gil's forgotten more about coaches than I'll ever know, I had the pleasure of spending a bit of time with Rachael and Austin Hicks at the Expo. Both seem to be very passionate about what they do and in my book, that means something.

Thanks for input, good to know Austin will be good to deal with. I'll reach out to him and try to get some answers.

thx... I know nothing about delam on XLII, so any input there is appreciated... Id hate to be in 25-35K for repairs right out of the gate.

Your XL-II delam fix estimate would be a bargain by many accounts. Some, maybe many, say the cost to be closer to $50K for full panel repair. With that said, full panel repair is not always required.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by KenEhresman View Post
    not sold on upgrading but thinking... in any event, I found this and like the layout..

here is what I noticed:
    1. Seems to be missing arm rest on drivers seat and sink covers
    2. Seems to have a LARGE rear slide
    3. can't tell if it has the 365 upgrade my XL has
    4. Can't tell if it has had any panel repair/rivet updates?
    5. Genset low hours at under 350 are a bonus
    6. Low milage at under 50K are a bonus as I use my coach, over 50K miles in 2 years
    7. seems to have updated awnings
    8. has older tube tv in bay and phone hanging on wall, which means other systems may be dated
    9. as low mileage, Id question health of lifeline batteries

How is Olympia to deal with? what say members to actual value?

I'm ok with an Orphaned coach, I do 90% of all my own maint, and am an EE by trade so the electronics isn't an issue, as well as air, suspension etc...

Oops... link

https://www.olympialuxurycoaches.com...i-double-slide
    We met Austin a year ago at Tampa, and we've been looking at coaches there ever since. I've toured this coach twice. It's very nice, but wasn't the layout we were looking for. I'm no expert, but it looks good. 3 weeks ago, he brought in an 04 Elegant Lady on Friday nite. We looked at it on Saturday and worked out a deal on Monday. He was planning on taking it to West Palm, but we were ready to buy.

The American Carriage has low miles and looks well maintained. Have you seen it in person?
    Last edited by Mike GAy; 02-13-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenEhresman View Post
    Thanks for input, good to know Austin will be good to deal with. I'll reach out to him and try to get some answers.

thx... I know nothing about delam on XLII, so any input there is appreciated... Id hate to be in 25-35K for repairs right out of the gate.
    FWIW. I went by Olympia today to take some measurements on our coach. Around dark, I went looking for Austin to ask a question. He was parking a newly-acquired 1992 Marathon 40 ft. That 8V92 was humming! I hopped on to take a look and I was stunned! Someone had remodeled this thing and, boy was it nice. A classic feel like a vintage yacht. I took some photos and video.

It doesn't have a Washer/dryer, but my wife would have loved the bathtub! I don't thing this is what you're looking for, but it was impressive. Someone looking for a first coach will flip over this one.

We are scheduled for our training day on Tuesday and should take delivery of the Elegant Lady next week.