ALL POG Members:
My name is Steve and live in WV. Recently, my wife and I have decided that motorcoach ownership might be a great way of sharing quality time with our ever-expanding family, explore places we always wanted and generally slow down a bit. Still working (as most are!) this would allow us long weekends and planned vacations so full time RVing is not in the mix (not yet at least!)\

So, the big question and you have gone through it is how to take the "big leap" I know enough that towing, 5th wheel and the standard Winnebago platforms are not what we want (although fine and good for others). How did you decide on the Prevost?

What is the average cost of ownership? (understand that is contingent upon residence, as WV has personal property tax which is an issue, insurance liability amounts/deductibles, cost for DMV) I currently have availability for indoor parking (although not climate controlled, access to electric and guard secured). Access to a heavy-duty truck mechanic and parts (tires, batteries, oil, filters, Detroit Diesel engine work). In most cases that is a problem, but not here and I feel fortunate. I guess I put the cart before the horse!!But at least I have a place to put the horse (when I get one)

I am currently considering a 1992 Prevost XL Angola Conversion, low miles and looks great from the picture. Have had email and text contact with the representative and I feel comfortable with the dialog. Would you all feel comfortable looking at a 25-year-old platform? I for one am not that concerned being in the trucking business I realize that its how well the equipment is maintained that means the difference between trouble and "less trouble". Also, preventative maintenance is key (I currently drive a VW Jetta diesel with 4ooK in it and have no plans to retire it). However, not having a Prevost Service Center in WV is cause for concern.

Any guidance you might throw my way I would very much appreciate (books, posts, video). Basically, getting a feel for the water so to speak but want to make an informed decision. Trying to make it to Fl next month to look and ask questions, might be a great opportunity to have them answered.

Thank you again for your time and patience with the "newbie" Hope to repay it someday to another.......

Best Regards,
Steve