Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member seeking advice

I was wondering why when I looked at a seated coach raise the Tag, it comes completely off the ground, but mine does not. I went to a Prevost service center and it cost me 300.00 to find out that all was right with my system and it is weight that prevents the Tag from coming completely off the ground. Apparently
    Last edited by Prodriver; 01-23-2018 at 02:25 AM.

$400 to look at the tag axle operation...ouch. yes the weight if the coach is why it doesn't lift off the ground. Many will barely clear the ground after a few cycling of the air compressor. But no one is going wait that long.

FWIW, unloading the tag is all you need to do, if anything.
    Last edited by Gil_J; 01-21-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Mine will come off of the ground about 1” without waiting on compressor to cycle.

Over many years I've had great service from Prevost. $400 bucks for advice on tag axle lift....what is this all about ?
    AL

If u have a broken push rod on one of the lift chambers what of that?? What about the lift chain having no slack at ride height?

Rocky u got a 40 ftr.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-21-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

U all r going to age out the tires long before you wear them out. So keep the tag on the ground and use the rubber and get your money's worth out of them tires, instead of raising the tag, putting all that undo necessary strain and weight on the drive axle. Besides that the bus squats way down and you're using a ton of air when you're going to be using the ton more air to get it level the minute later. But what do I know I'm just a grease monkey.

That chassis is built like a tank you ain't going to hurt anything by leaving the tag on the ground when you turn in tight either.

Never in the trucking industry are you going to see one of a pair of axles on any truck or trailer getting lifted to go around a corner it's only until you create a cluster which is three or more axles do you start picking them up in the trucking world.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-21-2018 at 10:10 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I better get the bill, it was at least 300 and some more as I had a light issue looked at as well. Two tech's adds up.