Mike,

I cannot say for sure that a Chinese tire is as good as a Michelin, yet.

So I had two new Michelins put on my steers, I moved my 2 year old Michelins from the steer axle to the tag and then put the Chinese on the drive.

I would put new Michelins on the steers on your coach and move the steers to the tag. I say that assuming the current steers have no unusual wear. If they have any wear pattern, such as cupping, then I would put them on the drive. If the tires haven't aged out and there is still decent tread, put the ones with the cupping on the drive and they will straighten out.

I recognize I am suggesting the most expensive method if you do have to replace the tags, but until the comfort level on Chinese tires is equal to Michelin I am suggesting what I consider the safest choice.

Unfortunately tires are influenced by oil prices, so our prices may not be today's prices. For reference we paid about $612 for the Michelins and about $325 for the shanghai specials (Double Coin). That is for the 315 size.

FWIW, I use Equal, and check tire pressures faithfully. If you do that you should get between 130,000 and 150,000 out of your tires if they have not aged out first.