Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1998 Liberty - Should I run, walk, or negoiate

I like the color of paint and the design. She appears to be sitting level, But way above ride height. When you say the leveling system has to run all the time to keep it level. What are You talking about running ? She obviously has Aux air issues with the dump valves unhooked and the pocket doors not working. Does the floor slide over the entry steps work ? The air seat and air horns work ? Are you maybe hearing the Aux compressor running constantly ? 200K on a series 60 is not a lot of miles if it checks out mechanically. Have an oil analysis done on engine and trans. ( saved Me a boatload of $$ one time I had a 52’ Yacht under contract ) Have Prevost check everything out throughly. Especially the pneumatic system. A coach like that in primo shape would be in the ballpark of 140-175K range maybe based on what I have seen online. She needs a lot of love , But She has RIVETS !

Thanks GoneCrazy for comment... the owner would have to sell the coach for sub $100K for me to be interested and accomplish the mechanicals and fixing and still be under todays market value. My subconscious (wife) has actually said no because as she put's it "they just didn't take care of it and do not want to sell it but are looking for someone to give their price ... her observation is that they are not using it ... listed it for sale .... and left all there clothes and junk in it". You can't argue with that logic.

We have a pogger. Jeff St Aubin he has a 96 marathon XL non slide with a 60 series, with otr ac and trace inverters. It's for sale if u want his number call me or go to his profile he is in Mantino ill.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

If your goal is to get a coach that needs some TLC, you might want to let the dealers know. They often come across wholesale opportunities for coaches they don't want to put the time into.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thank you for your reply...We are having a ice storm in Texas Hill Country right now.... so ice in. They closed most everything except for the internet ;-). Gil, I did let Legacy Coach in Rockwell, TX know what I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelingman View Post
    Thanks GoneCrazy for comment... the owner would have to sell the coach for sub $100K for me to be interested and accomplish the mechanicals and fixing and still be under todays market value. My subconscious (wife) has actually said no because as she put's it "they just didn't take care of it and do not want to sell it but are looking for someone to give their price ... her observation is that they are not using it ... listed it for sale .... and left all there clothes and junk in it". You can't argue with that logic.
    That one would be a fixer upper for sure. You learned some of the things to be aware of by looking at that coach. There is a nice 1996 liberty on San Antonio Craigslist that has had everything done to it. Good luck with Your search.