Thread: Used Prevost Dealers

Default Used Prevost Dealers

After searching for a Prevost for almost 2 years I finally found "the one for me" at a dealer in TX. I made an initial inquiry through the dealers website and received a call back 2 days later. After the call I requested to get back the following day to see if we could work out terms. That was 7 days ago with no response from phone messages, texts or emails. Curious if anyone else has experienced similar results from dealers. I assumed that the purchase piece would be easy but that does not appear to be the case.

Recommendations on reputable brokers/dealers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your being kind. Hopefully it was not an advertiser here.

Your in Texas, I've met Brandon at Legacy. I'd suggest him.

If u r in the market for a bus that's within 10 years new or so the show would probably be a huge plus if u went.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Hi Konkur,

When I was shopping for both a Class A and Prevost models, I had similar experiences. I think the bottom line is that the dealers field lots of internet and phone inquiries and there's no good way of telling who's serious and who's simply shopping around. My best advice is to visit the dealers so they can see there's a real human being making the inquiries. Also, buying one without seeing it up close and personal and having it independently inspected is probably not the best way to get started. I worked with Gil (an Admin here on The POG) to assist me in finding the right bus and doing the PDI. I'm truly glad I did!

One more thing...get yourself to the Prevost Expo in West Palm Beach in February. That's the best place to shop for a pre-owned Prevost. That's where I found my bus.

I have no idea why calls aren't returned from time to time. I've certainly heard the same from others.

If you haven't try to work with the owner, I'd give him/her a call.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks for the advice and recommendations. If things don’t work out on this bus will definitely plan to make it to Florida in February for the show. I appreciate the information that comes from this forum. I only signed on as a member a few days ago but have been reading posts for several years to aide in the hunt. Thanks for everyone’s help in making this difficult process easier.

As a relatively new owner I can offer a couple of observations you may find helpful. Dealers often assign phone and web inquiries to their newest sales people to help jump start them. If you follow the market for any length of time you already have a good idea of the price range for units of a given age, number of slides, series, converter, etc. what differentiates one coach from another that are similar is condition, maintenance/ownership history, personal preferences - all things that cannot easily be determined without laying eyeballs on the coach. Experienced sales people know that so if your opening line of questions have to do with price and terms, then they may write you off as a tire kicker and not a serious buyer.

My suggestion is to,open the conversation seeking clarification about what you see/don’t see in the photos. Ask the sales person to send you information of interest via return email. That will give you a good idea about their professionalism and responsiveness. The next step I recommend is to go to the dealership to see/inspect the unit personally. Now you look like a serious potential buyer. The cost of that initial trip is insignificant in terms of the acquisition and ownership costs you will experience if you decide to buy it. Going there in person will also allow you to assess whether these are people you want to do business with or not. And, it will validate that the coach really exists and really is for sale. While you might think that a strange statement, scammers often pose as legitimate dealers in ads to sell coaches that only exist in the form of pictures they found on the web.

Now if you decide to have the coach inspected by a third party, legitimate dealers will usually be very receptive. Once you really think it is the right coach for you, then is the time to negotiate price and terms since you will have a mich better idea of what expenses will be required to bring it to the initial level with which you are comfortable.

I hope this helps. Good luck finding something right for you. Once you pull the trigger you will never look back. These really are awe inspiring vehicles for moving you into a wonderful new lifestyle.

Jerry

Jerry,
    Great points to think about.

I've received a promise for a call back next week so plan to schedule a time to view in person before discussion of dollars takes place. Having seen many similar coaches come and go on websites, I have a relatively good idea of what they listed for. Would be nice to have data on final sales prices but have found most dealers unwilling to divulge that info.

Thanks
    Jay

Jay, just my two cents...

The Prevost Expo only happens once per year and it takes place in just a few weeks. If you're serious about buying, you owe it to yourself to travel to the show. Just the assortment of 100+ preowned Prevost models all located under one roof will blow you away. Even if you don't find one that suits your needs, you'll leave with a good understanding of the brand. This show gives you the opportunity to step on and off various busses and compare the differences between various chassis and converters. Also please note that the dealers bring coaches to sell and every one of them would prefer making a deal on the spot over having to drive them back to their lots.

My personal story is that last year the RV Supershow ran concurrent to the Prevost Show. I went to Tampa with the intention of purchasing the Foretravel Realm show coach. I saw it and made a legitimate, no financing contingency offer. This happened during the first day of the show and I gave them overnight to accept. They didn't get back to me. I stopped by the next morning and they said they would consider it if no one else purchased it before the end of the show and to come back when the show closes. Simply stated, I shook their hands and withdrew my offer. I then headed over to the Prevost show and found a coach that was beyond my dreams. I made contact with the salesperson and since it didn't sell at the show, I purchased it within a few weeks. There's more to the story and allow me to say that I most likely would not have purchased this model had it not been for Gil Johnson watching my back and monitoring inventory.

One more piece of "free" advice that's worth what you're paying for it: If you find a coach that suits your needs, don't be afraid to make a reasonable, but lower offer. However, make sure you have the right to a full inspection prior to closing. Again, IMHO, Gil's your go-to guy.

Andy,
    Those are 2 beautiful coaches you own. Love the videos, keep’em coming. You’re right about the shows but I’m afraid the Mrs would decide that going above our budget would be a good idea then I’d become a full timer out of necessity. Thus far I’ve been able to rein her in by only showing her pictures of ones we can afford. I’m dreading the day we go to a campsite or rally and she actually sees all the possibilities.

Thanks
    Jay