Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Featherlite Nav Disk

Default 2002 Featherlite Nav Disk

I was playing with my backup camera switch the other night and the GPS back up camera started to work, something that we have not experienced before. The GPS screen looked like an old blue/purple DOS screen and it was asking for a Nav disk to be inserted? Were does it go as I was unable to find a slot. Is there an update to the nav computer that I makes sense as this is a big piece of the dash or is it just used for the back up camera. I may need new switches for the dash, are they Prevost switches?

Their should be an external GPS module. I wouldn't waste my time with it. The GPS data cards are excessive initially and with each map update.

Dash switches could be Prevost or converter. Look at the Prevost Owners manual and look at the Prevost dash display to determine which switches are Prevost.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

I just bought a 2001 H3 Featherlite, and have found the disk module in the stepwell area below the glove box in a compartment with a velcro cover this small compartment also houses the CD player. As Gil mentioned in his post, don't waste your time with it. It is probably an old CARIN system. My Xl had one also. They are impossible to find current disk's for (as they sectioned off the U. S. maps by area) and have a handheld remote used to operate the system.I removed it from my XL and probably will do the same with the H3.
    I think about 10 or 15 of these systems in a large gunny sack would not even make a decent boat anchor.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Do you guys just keep the large screen for the back up camera?

Short answer...Yes. We went to a slave screen at passenger seat, but you can mount it anywhere. Geo.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Yep, went to a slave screen at passenger seat, but you can mount it anywhere. Updated the dash screen for the camera and now just have to update the camera. Geo.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Although I have not taken a trip in the new bus (except to drive it home from N/Carolina), the "Backup Camera" has not been used. I will say, the picture quality is very poor. The camera door on the back of the coach has been disabled to "stay open" because of it not operating properly. I will change the backup camera as soon as I can find a monitor (about 10") that will fit into the hole where the present monitor resides.
    If anyone has had success in finding a monitor of that size, I would appreciate a post with the details.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

This might be a good option mounted in black metal?

http://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog...SABEgKehPD_BwE

Pete,

You might want to look at this one, it has a 9" monitor.
    https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...-backup-system
    BTW, I've seen some nice custom mounts and mini enclosures designed for the left side of the dash. That's a better place for a rear view camera display as it is almost in the same sight line as the one rear view mirror.

I have the same Prevost installed backup camera door you do. Mine was hit or miss if it was going to open. I replaced the Norgren control valve in the engine bay to fix mine.

BTW, the angle of the door opening and glass window doesn't make for an ideal rear view other than what's just a few feet from the coach. I like what Marathon did. They install a rear view camera on the cap like almost everyone else. Then they installed a flood light in the door.

FWIW, because of the ugly door when it's open, I only periodically open the door while driving.

Gil and Durlene

Quote Originally Posted by Prodriver View Post
    This might be a good option mounted in black metal?

http://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog...SABEgKehPD_BwE
    If only someone made an adapter to allow a direct video feed into a tablet.

Gil and Durlene