Thread: Another Newbie

Default Another Newbie

Hi Everyone!!
    We just purchased our 2000 Featherlite Vantare last Friday 11/17/17. I've been lurking on POG for a little while. It's going to be a bit
    of a learning experience for sure!!! This is our first Prevost and our very first motorhome. I've been admiring all the Prevost's I've seen on the road for years. I really can't believe that we own one of these beautiful machines. I know there is tons to learn and know that I can get help from all of you here. It also seems like a natural progression from living on our trawler. Thanks in advance!

Bruce and Susan McFarland

Bruce,
    Welcome to you and Susan to the Forum. We've all been exactly where you are now with a bus that is completely new to us and seems a little overwhelming. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Each of us is still in the learning stage, but we have some very experienced and sharp individuals who will be able to help in most every situation.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

From one newbie to another...Welcome!

Based on my experience, I've learned there's no such thing as a dumb question on this forum. Trust me, I've asked my share, so it's your turn. So ask away!

When I purchased my coach earlier this year, I had the honor of having Gil (one of the friendly POG moderators) perform my PDI as well as a thorough walkthrough of my coach. I had the cameras rolling and while my coach will be different from yours, if the video doesn't put you to sleep, you may find some useful information.

Part 1: Passenger Side Bays

Part 2: Driver's Side Bays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QoQdcK8miI&t=1934s

There's more chapters, but that might be a good start. (You can skip the chapter on DEF as you're one of the lucky ones who don't have to mess with it!

Since you're located in the Sunshine State, you should consider attending the Prevost Motorhome Expo coming up in February in West Palm Beach, FL. Experts from the Prevost realm will be conducting seminars on a variety of topics that surely will assist you in accelerating the learning curve. There's also a bunch of converters, dealers, vendors and resorts at booths at the show that cater to all things Prevost. I'm hoping one of our "friendly" moderators can post the full agenda. (Should I type that last sentence in ALL CAPS?).

Bruce and Susan, congratulations!

Here's more information on the Prevost Expo Andy referred to: http://www.prevost-stuff.com/West_Pa...tro_sheet.html

I will be at the Expo and may well be near Ft Myers before the show.

Please feel free to ask any question you'd like. There are no dumb questions, so don't be embarrassed to ask. Everyone has been a new owner before, so we all know how much there is to learn. I recommend you focus on each subsystem at a time and learn them to the level you feel comfortable with.

Welcome to Prevost ownership and the friendliest Prevost support community available. BTW, here's some photos of our past rallies, http://prevost-stuff.com/POG_Picture_Gallery.html .

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Welcome Bruce and Susan, We have an H Vantare of the same vintage for the past 5 yrs and have put almost 100K mi on it in that time. We have completely zeroed out and done many upgrades and re-modeling and become quite familiar with that unit....so ask away when you find time in between wiping the smiles off your faces. Geo.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Welcome and Congratulations, And BE SAFE !

Thanks everyone for the warm reception!
    Bruce and Susan McFarland
    Fort Myers, FL
    2000 XL45 Featherlite Vantare