Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Manifold

Gil,

There is no hose connected to that port. About half of of the 10 valves on this manifold have two solenoids and half have only one solenoid and the open port which I assume may be the vent. Unfortunately, I am here by myself so I can't push the button to activate the solenoid and be at the manifold at the same time. I'm going to try to disconnect the lines tomorrow as you suggested and check to see if the piston is bad.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Gil.

Do you use any airline lub or antifreeze in the system or is it hard on these components? Thoughts? Can you get those solenoids rebuilt or are they inexpensive?
    Last edited by Prodriver; 11-29-2017 at 01:03 AM.

The exhaust ports on those valves are identified by the gold porous filter that looks like a bunch of grains of sand glued together that's the exhaust port.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Dale,

Disconnect the solenoid and supply your own voltage and then you can do the job by yourself.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Kirk,

No I don't use any lube in these air controlled valves. I recently opened a bad Norgren valve I had and it was still well lubricate. I assume it was original. Some of these valves can be less than $100 and others several thousand for the specialty multi valve blocks.

Anti freeze...what's that? I'm in Florida.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

The valve I show here is about $100-120 according to where you buy it ($106 from Grainger). The valves with two solenoids are about $230 to 260.

Joe, It sounds like you are talking about the same port that I described and show a little earlier. This one has a continuous flow of air with power on it or power off. It bleeds until the system goes down to zero. These valves seem to be very specific in their operation. I tried replacing one with another that looked exactly the same but had one digit different in the number on the body. It totally did not function properly.

Based on my leaking port, I suppose the only way to determine if it is a valve problem or piston problem, is to do the test that Gil described on the disconnected lines.
    Dale & Paulette

I tested the two air lines on the leaking valve, and they did exactly what Gil said they should. One burst of air as the piston was changing directions and then nothing. Neither side was leaking so I think I can safely assume I have a bad solenoid valve. I have ordered it so maybe that will solve the problem. Thanks Gil and Joe for the technical advice.
    Dale & Paulette