Thread: Mirror to Mirror Width Needed

Default Mirror to Mirror Width Needed

I'm away from my X3 at the moment and am hoping someone has the overall width dimension of the bus including the exterior mirrors. I'm looking at indoor storage alternatives and could use some input. One space I found advertised a 15' door width, but in reality, the side clearance is 13' 6".

One more request: Do you think I can get the entry door opened in a 13' 6" space?

Also, turning into the space I'll have a 49' distance to make the turn. I have no doubt it will take a couple of back and forth maneuvers to get her lined up.

I have a 12' width door and have no problem entering or departing ... just slow and careful.
    Bob & Sue Grote
    2006 Vantare, 2018 Jeep Summit Diesel

The minimum lane width on an interstate and state highway is 12 feet. Anything wider than a 12-foot door is a bonus. More important is width inside on each side of the door if you want to open your slides.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    The minimum lane width on an interstate and state highway is 12 feet. Anything wider than a 12-foot door is a bonus. More important is width inside on each side of the door if you want to open your slides.
    Thanks All.

I'm looking at a covered storage space that was promoted to be 15H x 15W x 50D. My tape measurer showed the clearance height to be correct, but the depth is 48' and the width is 13' 6" at the entrance and a few inches are gained once past the door. The 15' width seems to be from the center of the concrete block and not an interior dimension. To turn into the space at a 90-degree angle the distance to the door is around 48'. Any thoughts on getting an X3 in and out? How about enough side clearance to open the entrance door without hitting the wall? I'm hoping with a bit of practice and a good spotter I can pull this off!

They are holding the space for me until next week when I'll be there to check it out. It's not A/C space, but it does have 50amp power. Yes, I'll take photos!