Thread: Republic conversions

Default Republic conversions

I'm looking at a 1992 conversion by a company in Los Angeles in the early 90's. Does any one know anything about them? Competency, quality, reason for closing shop and when. Any information about the is appreated. I'm going to see the coach next weekend it looks nice in the photos I've seen but we all know they can be deceiving.

Chris,

I haven't heard of Republic, but that doesn't mean anything negative. I would make sure I got all the converter manuals (in addition to the Prevost manuals) if at all possible. I assume you are aware that the 1992 has the 8V92 engine which is a 2 cycle engine that may burn a little more oil and smoke a little more than you are used to. They were fine engines but very different from the Series 60 that replaced it. Prevost started installing the Series 60 engine in the 1994-95 time frame.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Also from what I have read. It is getting harder to find knowledgeable mechanics to work on them. FWIW.

I asked someone that should know and he is unfamiliar with Republic as a converter. If you can find a series 60 powered coach you will likely be happier.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks gentlemen. Not sure a series 60 is in the budget. Or we may just save a little longer. We aren’t in a hurry.