Hi Everyone,
I have been enjoying reading all of the information here in, as time allows me. My wife Dolly and I are looking for our dream coach. We are in no immediate rush so we are looking at everyrhing within a weekends drive trying to learn as much as we can. We are planing towards our retirement in a few years. Dolly and I have a few more years of work and our youngest daughter is sixteen but we are just a short time away from an empty nest. We want to rent out our house and try our hand as full-timers. Since the early 80s. I have been renting a couple times a year and this has given me a large verity of sizes, styles and lengths to try on for size. My family (my Woife and 3 butifull daughters) has enjoyed jumping in a rental, choosing a direction N,S or E and exploring as we traveled with extraordinary luck, success and many wonderful surprises. In the early 90s one of my northerly trips found me in Eugene, Oregon. My incessant curiosity drew me on a whim to stop at Marathon and I was made to feel at home. The factory tour cinched it for me. From that day forward it has been my goal to own a Marathon Coach and as retirement approaches we are beginning our search. In that search we are looking at everything Prevost...all of the different converters...with Marathon holding onto my heart string.
That being said I have run across a nice looking coach (in pictures anyway). It is a 1992 Prevo XL 40 we are going to look at next weekend. According to the owner the conversion was done by a converter "Republic". He thinks they were located in Los Angeles , CA. Does anyone have any information about Republic, their competence and quality. Any information you can provide is appreciated.
Fair winds and following seas,
Chris and Dolly Rhamy Torrance, CA