Thread: Air compressor clutch not engaging for air front and rear brakes.

Default Air compressor clutch not engaging for air front and rear brakes.

I have a 1999 Prevost Country Coach. I have lost all air pressure to the front and rear brake system. The compressor clutch is not engaging. Does anyone have a clue as to where the signal comes form to feed power to the compressor clutch. Everything else appears to be working fine. Help

Call me 8133947470

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Replaced the governor, still no build up. The valve that the dryer is attached to discharges when I apply air to the rear fill fitting. I will check the check valve next. Thanks for the information..

If the exhaust port on the dryer keeps discharging that means it has got to cut out pressure, it is full it wants no mo.

Do u have a CC glass dash?

U mentioned somewhere u drove home with pressure falling at the gauge. These r 2 important questions if I could even guess. 1 How long did u have to drive after u saw pressures dropping. 2 what was the pressure at when u got home, and or, what was the lowest u saw?

Please do not take this wrong.

U need to have a knowledgable prevo mechanic fix that bus,.I'm not sure someone displaying your degree of aptitude in regards to air brake systems should be trying to fix somthin as important as this.

I apologize if I sound rude or harsh I am concerned for your safety.

U have 2 threads going I have responded to the other one with other thoughts.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 09-26-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    9 Speed Roadranger
    708 243 7871