Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Market Reserch

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Market Reserch

One thing that Debbie and I do not have, and really miss on the bus is a screen door on the entrance and I'm pretty sure no one currently offers this.

I would appreciate a little input from the folks.
    How many of you out there be interested in such an option if available?

I was talking to a Monaco mechanic who was roped into sales for the R/V show and commented to him how similar the shape of that item was on the Monacos and the lack of it on the bus.

He returned by telling me that they currently have a take-off from a unit that was in for body damage and it could be had for a few bucks.

Im pretty sure with just some slight mods. I can fabricate one and I am going forward.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 02-16-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Seem to recall a few years ago a coach in Indio, that had a screen door attachment from an outfit called, 'Sew What" Don't know if they are still around tho.

Survey Says..........

I'm not up for a screen door. If you have kids, this immediately becomes the weak point in the whole show. They won't use the handle, they will push on the mesh and finally ruin it and lastly they are not strong enough to stop you when you tumble down the stairs.

With the sliding windows we have and the two vent fans, we can create a pretty good breeze or sense of being outdoors without the screen door.

JDUB

The screen door we saw on a coach in Indio was a sewn variety with no metal frame. It velcroed in place. The design was such, it acted like a screen-curtain than a door, so entering or exiting, you just brushed it asside. However, kids flying in and out would possibly dislodge it from the velcro anchors and let the bugs in.

ken&ellen Guest

Default How about the air door????

Joe, Get high tech.....install an air door like the large supermarkets have! A curtain of air keeps the cool air in and keeps the bugs out. Ken

Have to agree with JDUB on this one.

As an additional consideration I'll bet a screen on the front door and driver window slider could be held in place with Velcro and that would help with air flow also.

I'll bet you are being polite Joe, but we can read behind the lines and understand the air flow is required because of the pups. Even our little dog can clear a room.

Exclamation Roll Screen

Joe, I saw a screen door at a home show that I thought was kind of neat , but because I didn't have an application I do not recal the name. You probably could research it though if you were interested.

I will try to describe it. The door screen material rolled up in the jamb instead of being hinged. To close you pulled it across and it latched. Similar to pulling down a spring loaded window shade. It had some prety strong warranty claims. (Child, Dog, Spasdic Adult proof.) The demo was punch it, bump it, push it, walk into it and nothing bad happens. It just opens automatically. My first thought though was that my smart dogs would learn right away to push it and let themselves out. HA HA

This was at one of the small time lesser products booths.

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Check it out I got Jon and Jerry agreeing! Someone let Lew know its safe to come back!

Air curtin, clever. I dont think Deb would be up for that with her reaction from the no-seums but I like it.

I am intrested in all opinions, and hope for more.

For us we want a standard screen door just like we have enjoyed in the past. I'm gonna be taking some measurements with me to the show on Sunday and comparing them with that screen door on that Monaco I talked about earlier. Judging by what i've seen so far it is going to require very minimal mods.

The biggest hurtle I believe will be locating the same extruded aluminum that makes up the frame, should it need to be enlarged.

Default Screen door

Hi Joe,

My coach has a roll up screen door. It has a magnet that holds it open and it is spring loaded to retract. We love it. It's nice to have fresh air in the coach plus it is easy to go in & out as opposed to opening the entrance door every time you go in & out.

If you are going to POG3 I'll show it to you.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default screen door

Hi Joe,

I bought a "screen curtain" from Sky Mall. It has an ajustable bar on top and velcro tabs on the side. The thing opens in the middle and magnets keep it together on the bottom. It works fairly well, although it doesn't look the greatest. Cost about $35.00. It keeps most of the skeeters out!!

Good luck