Thread: Slide air seal.

Default Slide air seal.

It appears that the vac system in my H3-45 front slide system has an issue. Error 13 I think the vac system is not properly dumping the seal so I cannot open front slide. What controls this?

Gary,

You are correct that the error is saying there is a problem with the slide seal vacuum system.

It could be the seal or the sensor. If you can cap the line out of the sensor that goes to the seal you can see if the error clears. If it does, the problem is the seal or the air lines to the seal. If it doesn't, take the hose off and have someone else operate the slide. While they are operating the slide, put your finger over the open fitting on the sensor to see if you can feel a vacuum being drawn. If there is vacuum, it's likely the sensor. If you have 2 slides, open the rear slide and then disconnect the sensors (air lines and electrical lines) and swap them. You should then be able to open the front slide.

Here's a picture of the air control manifold with vacuum sensors.

Slide Air Control Block.jpg

Slide Document (click to access the Prevost document on the slides)

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thank You I am traveling today. I will return home where the coach is on Friday.
    Very Helpful.

Gary

If all else fails, and you need quick help, don't forget the Prevost PASS Line at 1-800-463-7738.

We have see all kinds of failings, from a bad vacuum switch on the seal air line, to a bad Norgren valve, to a bad brain believe it or not. The Vacuum generator is simply a flow venturi that is lined up with the seal via a norgren valve to vacuum it flat. Air passes through the venturi and creates a vacuum, and since the seal valve is open at that point, the seal sees this vacuum. If and of the norgren valves are not functioning to make this happen, or the seal is punctured and therefore cannot achieve the necessary vacuum level, or the vacuum switch which tells the brain that sufficient vacuum has been achieved, then the room will not move in or out which could rupture the seal or the drag of the seal could otherwise damage the room mechanism. Look at the illustration Gil put up for where each item is located on the air manifold. He put up a viable troubleshooting method.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL