As many know, my wife loves to cook and , yes, I love to eat. Our coach's appliances certainly weren't intended for a cook. Our only oven was a microwave! I changed that out with a full size microwave/convection shortly after taking delivery. This was not a simple exchange as it required significant changes to the the upper cabinet that was designed for a shelf mounted unit. The cooktop was a 120V unit and there's no 2 burner 120V unit made that can quickly heat water.

As many have already done, I changed out our standard cooktop with an induction unit. While many have been successful with the unit commonly available on eBay, it just would not work in our countertop. I ended up finding a good deal on a 15" Wolf induction unit. It too would not be a drop in replacement, but its dimensions were far closer to what was in the coach. Front to back, this unit is shorter which resulted in a big gap on the front and back. So, I had a piece of #4 stainless steel cut to form a base for the new cooktop. I must say, it turned out quite good. I'll know the level of success later this week when the chef gets to try it out.

20170826_122135-1.jpg 20170825_163616-1.jpg