Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outside Refrigerator

Default Outside Refrigerator

Since the outside refrigerator in my coach is horrible I have decided to replace it with a Norcold DE-R788S,does anyone have any experience with this model.I can only find a couple of vendors,I cannot find a really good price.

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    Since the outside refrigerator in my coach is horrible I have decided to replace it with a Norcold DE-R788S,does anyone have any experience with this model.I can only find a couple of vendors,I cannot find a really good price.
    Go to compactappliance.com. I bought an Edge Star 63 qt fridge/freezer (either or). Cost is $548.25, no tax and free shipping. It runs on 110v or dc and automatically switches over with loss of ac power. I keep in in an unventilated bay and it maintains set temperature. I've had it now for six months and works great. It's larger than the Norcold and about half the price. You won't be disappointed.

Kenj,I am not looking for a portable(I already have one of those)I am looking at a under counter refrigerator,this particular one has 3,6 cubic feet of space,much larger than a portable.

This is of interest to us. Does anyone have experience with the Edge Star or other similar unit in the bay of a Prevost while in the south during summer? I am wondering whether the unit can cool itself while in a closed bay and maintain temperature when outside temperatures may approach 105+ during the day (southern Cal desert cities such as Palm Springs and Indio, or Phoenix/Tucson). I realize these conditions are extreme, and no one may have that experience to relate, but ..........

Thanks.

I have a Norcold-100 Lb. portable and it will maintain 5-10 degrees in the first bay which does not have a vent,this is in the south east.

I had a refrigerator in the entertainment bay (now SpongeBob has it). It would maintain temperature in the hot Texas summer, but it had a thermostat actuated vent with fan (in the floor of the bay) at the back of the unit. We didnt use it and replaced it with a larger cabinet and flat screen TV.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

We have a Norcold TEC II dual voltage and it works great of beverages. meat and really lots of stuff needing to stay cold. Have it on the slid out bay for easy access.
    AL
    2005 XLII 2/S

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Brewer View Post
    This is of interest to us. Does anyone have experience with the Edge Star or other similar unit in the bay of a Prevost while in the south during summer? I am wondering whether the unit can cool itself while in a closed bay and maintain temperature when outside temperatures may approach 105+ during the day (southern Cal desert cities such as Palm Springs and Indio, or Phoenix/Tucson). I realize these conditions are extreme, and no one may have that experience to relate, but ..........

Thanks.
    I'm located in Louisiana. My bay temperature has been 100+ degrees many times and the Edge Star maintains temperature at zero with the bay closed for weeks at a time. It is an unvented bay.

I was just wondering if any of you could post some pictures? Or give a web site. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Tuls View Post
    I was just wondering if any of you could post some pictures? Or give a web site. Thanks
    The website was noted in my original post