Thread: Parts Pricing

Default Parts Pricing

I was talking with a person that recently had some repairs done. The bad news was the repairs were not done to this owner's expectations. Frankly, based on his description of the deficiencies, I would be a little upset, as he was. But, that's another story.

What disturbed me most about his story was the markup the service facility but on parts. I certainly don't see an issue with a service facility making money off of parts as long as their markup keeps the price to me at or below the retail price. What I can't except is the service center profiting from above retail parts pricing. A service facility should be in business for their service expertise and that's what should drive their profits. If they do enough business their suppliers should extend them a fair discount that could add to their profits. I should probably add that the parts that were marked up above retail were Prevost purchased parts. The parts were marked up more than 30% above Prevost retail pricing. That's just nuts and for this owner it amounted to over $500 in parts pricing above Prevost retail pricing.

This owner questioned the overpricing and the owner didn't really respond. We can complain and spread the word of our dissatisfaction, but at the very least we should always take our business elsewhere when we can't get satisfaction from the service facility's owner.

Just my two cents,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I hope I don't ever accidentally stumble upon the service center in question. Knowing the name would certainly help the POG membership in avoiding this place.