Thread: A Vantare named "Xanthe"

Default A Vantare named "Xanthe"

Hi Guys,
    After being a POG member for a year of doing a lot of window shopping and inspecting a few coaches, I will finally take possession of an immaculate 1998 Prevost H-3 Vantare on Saturday. This particular coach simply amazes me. She is in incredible condition, with only 44,800 miles. The independent mechanic that looked her over, believes she was kept in a climate controlled garage. With me, she will finally get the use she deserves, as I am retiring from being an airline pilot in 2018.
    This is kind of like an Oscar night speech - I would like to thank Wayne Mullis and everyone at Premium Coach Group in Gilbert, AZ for all their help, as well as my mentor in this incredible brand, Pete Petree of Texas.
    I do not know if Prevost owners normally name their coaches, but this one is now named Xanthe. We will be based out of Pensacola, FL where I have an RV pad set up for guests near the large garage that is part of my sculpture studio.
    Cheers, Robert Noguere (aka Dr. No), CDR, USNR-RET

Congratulations Commander and thanks for your service.

Vantare made a well thought out conversion. You should really enjoy it.

Hmmm, an RV pad in Pensacola. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything, I'd be glad to use your pad on our way to Santa Fe.

Again, congratulations!

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Congrats on the new bus. I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from it. I have a small place just North of Pensacola myself, but I am currently living in Huntsville. Post some pictures when you get the bus.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Robert, I am tickled to death that you found "THE" coach. I know you spent the right amount of time selecting your coach, and waited until you found the right one to pull the trigger on. Can't wait to see it in person. Stop by on the way home.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Hey Robert welcome to the asilum.

What kind of sculpture and r u creating? I'd love to see some of it.

U have a good mentor. Petes bus sits on 100 psi air pressure for months!!

I play a little with scrap metal sculpture.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Thank you, Guys for the welcome. I have no doubts that this addition to the lifestyle will be thoroughly enjoyable. I learned a lot a few years ago from owning a BlueBird PT-40, that turned into a restoration. Having spent much more time investigating these, I'm expecting a totally different experience.
    As for sculpture, I have not been doing much lately due to other projects, mostly related towards easing into retirement. However, I carve stone, do lost wax casting of bronze and aluminum, kiln cast glass, and mess with a couple other mediums. Mostly abstracts, but have a number of figurative works in mind. We'll see what happens in retirement.
    Pete and EJ, I should be dropping in sometime next week. Cheers!

Congratulations on your purchase! We are just down the road in Clearwater, FL if you are unaware, so if we can ever be of help to you, let us know. I and my associates here are VERY familiar with that era Vantare coach. Happy trails.
    Ben Cummings
    U.S.A. Luxury Coaches, LLC
    Clearwater, FL