Thread: How Long To Wait To Start

Default How Long To Wait To Start

I'm currently traveling in my bus and for this leg, we're parked in a campground for a few weeks. The bus is on a pole and is connected to 50 amp power. Is it advisable to occasionally start the bus? If so, how often and how long should it idle?

A few weeks for someone who uses his bus as much as u no. I'd start it the day before I left just to eleminate the chance of any unwanted suprises.

I would also do a pretrip air brake inspection apon arrival to the campground as soon as I pull in for the same reason, if something has gone bad I want to know now not the day I go to leave!!
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

What about your Flexible Andy?????

Poor thing. It needs its exercise too. It wants to play too.

Keeping both limber would be dictated by your lifestyle and schedule. If I were u I would camp the flexible at least 3 or 4 times a year making a point of putting at least a few hundred miles on it each time.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 07-16-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camper View Post
    What about your Flexible Andy?????

Poor thing. It needs its exercise too. It wants to play too.

Keeping both limber would be dictated by your lifestyle and schedule. If I were u I would camp the flexible at least 3 or 4 times a year making a point of putting at least a few hundred miles on it each time.
    Absolutely Joe! I'm not neglecting the Flx, just giving her a few weeks of well deserved time off. She's all nice and cozy and connected to power in a covered storage facility. For my Summer adventures in the Marathon, the plan is to fly home every few weeks to visit the Flx and take her for a drive as I don't want her to feel neglected!