Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coolant System Green Goo

Yum, yum. I'm embarrassed to say I've never been to VIR. Looks like I'll have to fix that!

I need to apologize to Prevost (Nashville). I think they did the right thing by screwing on a NalCool 3000 needs release filter. The attached Detroit Diesel document says:

From the attached DD document: "Cooling Requirements for Engine Cooling Systems":

"These types of coolants (OATs) should not be mixed with Standard Life Coolants. If an ELC antifreeze coolant and SLC antifreeze coolants are mixed, damage may not result, but the long-life advantages of the ELC antifreeze coolant will be lost. In this event, the coolant should be re-inhibited with OAT inhibitors and confirmed by analysis or else it must be maintained as an SLC antifreeze coolant."

So Prevost did the right thing by screwing on a NalCool 3000 needs release filter after partially filling my system with ELC (OAT). If you have a mixture then one option, as the above spells out, is to treat and maintain the fluid as a standard non-organic ethylene glycol fluid. The other is to retreat with new OAT inhibitors but who can do that and how is it done?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by travelite View Post
    Very cool Joe. I'll put it on my calendar. We used to attend all the vintage events at Laguna Seca when we lived in California. We started having kids and I kind of fell out of it. I have an old Triumph in my garage I restored, a TR250. I've owned it for 30 years. I'm the second owner. Years ago I thought about racing it but I bought a 911 and tore up the track with it instead. Wish I still had the 911.
    My 911 might be for sale as I never get to drive now that I have custody of my Grandkids
    Attached Images Attached Images

Donnie, I have a great solution for your Porsche. Hire me and make that my company car.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Not a bad daily driver.

20160101_090623.jpg

Look at that Dave there it is. And if u get it u can put it on the track against the likes of this!!

Too much fun.

Do u really want to sell that Donny?
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

It's beautiful Donnie! Trouble is, I got kids too. Four of 'em and I already have too many two seaters that I don't drive! (Even though the Porsche has somewhat of an excuse for a back seat)! GLWTS.

Obligatory on-topic content: Right now I'm wishing my bus was air cooled!
    Last edited by travelite; 07-04-2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spaellling.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camper View Post
    Not a bad daily driver.

20160101_090623.jpg

Look at that Dave there it is. And if u get it u can put it on the track against the likes of this!!

Too much fun.

Not really, but it sits in an air conditioned car hauler and I rarely drive it. I spent tons of money on her! K-16 billet turbos, 4.5" coolers, injectors, built tranny to hold 1000 HP, full new factory Savanah Beige interior with Recaro Sportster racing seats, custom steering wheel, Billstein PSS10 coil overs, my front differential works and works well! It is very fast! I have pulled off several New C7 Zo6's as well as cocky Hellcats! People give me hell because it's automatic and they don't like 996 headlights! But I like it..A LOT..lol

Sorry about hijacking your thread David! At least I gave you some info over the phone lol

David,

This is probably as close as you'll get to air cooled in a Prevost.

https://www.prevostcar.com/news-and-...future-prevost

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Camper View Post
    Not a bad daily driver.

20160101_090623.jpg

Too much fun.

I forgot to mention...I'll play lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had a coolant analysis done on the coolant I dumped from my system. This is the coolant that's been in there for 3 years and 15000 miles. If I was smart I would have done a Level_2 analysis. What I got is a Level_1 which doesn't provide much, but what it does provide is very encouraging. Of what they checked, everything looks great. It's a little hard to read; zoom way in. In short, there are no precipitates, the pH is spot on, the conductivity is correct indicating no abnormal corrosion, and the nitrites are perfect. The analysis came back perfectly normal which is reassuring and enforces my decision not to do a caustic alkaline rinse.
    Attached Files Attached Files