Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart Inverter Question

I Have a 97 vogue. Call if you have any SIMPLE questions.Dan Smith 228-216-3706
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Gil,

You seem very knowable about the charging system, My name is Greg , and I am new to this forum. I bought a 2006 XLII Country Coach and was dry camping last weekend and had my auto gen set. The generator came on ran for 4 hours, but after aboy 40 hours both inverters read "Low Batteries". Starting the genorator would not charge the batteries or fire up the Crestron system, Only starting the engine would do that. I drove the coach back was only about 30 minutes and plugged into my 50 amp shore power but the inverters do not say charging or float charging, they read inverting. Something tells me that when the house batteries get too low something needs to happen before they will acceplt a charge from either the generator or shore power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any thoughts on your end or someone you know that would be familiar with Country Coach conversion ?
    Barb & Greg Parsons

Greg,

Most inverter/chargers will not work if the batteries fall below some voltage, generally around 10+ volts. Starting your engine may charge your house batteries. Some Country Coaches have a 120V engine driven generator instead of the more typical 12 or 24 voltage engine driven alternator.

What inverter's do you have?

If your inverters are inverting, that would suggest the house batteries are not dead and that shore/generator power is not making it to the inverters. Does your inverters go to charge mode from either the generator our shore power?

I can probably help you. You should make a note of Miles Circo's email address, mcirco@hughes.net. Mile's has most of the data on the CC conversions and CC unique electrical parts.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

If I had to guess I'd say there is a switch that's not working. If your inverters r reading invert there is almost defiantly no A/C input when they do so if u r plugged in and they r still in invert mode something in the switch gear went south.

Could very possibly be intermittent too making analysis for a seasoned veteran difficult had a prior owner unaware and keep a new owner baffled.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 08-14-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    9 Speed Roadranger
    708 243 7871

I am assuming that by the time I read this that you pretty much figured out what is going on. If not, you can feel free to contact me. I was in charge of all electrical at Vogue from 1992 through the buyout by Featherlite, and left in 2001 to come to work for my original employer at Parliament Coach. I have documentation on pretty much all the Prevost conversions, and most of the Prima Vista and Vogue 5 coaches. Let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with.
    Ben Cummings
    Parliament/ Coach Worx RV Center
    Clearwater, FL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12