Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberty Coach Co.

m stuller Guest

Smile Liberty Coach Co.

About six months ago my dreadful sickness came back of motorhomeidiss and i needed a fix. I went through the first stages of justification and got through that in reasonable short order. After that, the reasearch started and in about one hour i decided that i must of been a bus diriver in my prior life and was drawn to the Prevost. I first looked at used conversions and quickly decided the smell of new really helped me feel better. So, i started looking at a few of the conversion companies and concluded quickly that they all had some real nice things that they offered that others didn't and also they had things i really did not like. I realized that the perfect Prevost conversion company has not been created yet!

I am getting ready to write a big fat check and i just wanted to question all you guys and girls out there to anything i need to know about Liberty that would change my mind?

In all fairness, I thank the dealers in advance not to comment.

M.

I've owned Liberty ('97xl) and can't say anything bad about the company. And would purchase another without hesitation.

I currently own a Marathon ('00 H3) and can't say anything bad about Marathon either, very pleased.

I am also very impressed with Millennium and if you havent' done so yet - check them out.

Welcome to POG -- we like the guys who can write the big one.

Mike

I'm a veteran of and have successfully survived mpd. We had a marathon from 90 to about 95, then discovered Liberty. I'm on my second one now. I currently have a 2000 xlv Liberty classic. I can't say enough about our experience with the entire sales , service and mfg. teams. I do most of my own service work in my own shop. but I have been to both the Chicago and Stuart facilities. The folks there are always very eager to help with whatever I have asked them to do. You can't ask for a better group. I am sure my next bus will be another Liberty. Did I mention I really like my last two Liberties? As fast Roger or Jon pointed out, I am not on the dark side, I have LED's whatever that means.

M. Stuller
    I too went thru many gyrations before landing at Liberty. I had a new CC bought but could not get financing I wanted. I spoke with Liberty about several Coaches, and like Magic, I purchased my 1st Prevost. It was and is a very unique experience. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

When you buy a Liberty you not only get the coach, but for as long as you have that Liberty you have the company standing behind it.

Like Toy Box I do all my own work, but whenever I am stumped or need advice I make a call to Liberty and they always are willing and capable of addressing my needs. I am not a newcomer either. I have owned Liberty coaches since 1990 (we've only owned two) and in all that time I have never heard anybody criticize the Liberty support of their coaches.

Matt,

Get that check book out so you can come hang at Kerrville. You're hearing from the Liberty brain trust of the POG and they are all pretty solid. Except for Jon. He is soiled.

JDUB

[QUOTE=m stuller;10567]I am getting ready to write a big fat check and i just wanted to question all you guys and girls out there to anything i need to know about Liberty that would change my mind?

Our first Prevost was a Liberty and they make a beautiful conversion. We have since had two Vantares and they are nice coaches as well. If this is the coach you have been searching for then busdriver, write that check ! I think you will be very pleased that you did......

M. Stuller: My two Cents-- Liberty --Great company, very,very good people, excellent product --

Carolyn, Dave, : send me 20 lewbucks.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Just Plain Jeff Guest

m stuller: Welcome to POG!

We need people like you to write The Big Check for those of us who are bottom feeders to have more coaches to choose from.

When a someone's looking for a new coach of the caliber of a new Prevost conversion, it's my sense that what they are seeking is not really, "The Best," rather a Personal Best.

That means a couple of things: First of all, you want to find a coach that you walk into and say, "Hey, this just great. We could live in this!" It has been referred to elsewhere on this site as the "Eureka" moment, by a guy who was originally involved in the 1849 California Gold Rush. Call it what you will, it is the experience of knowing that the coach you are standing in, sitting in, is just right.

So that's the first part.

The second part is equally important, perhaps even more so.

Here it is: You are beginning, with a new coach, a relationship with an organization which is to be there to earn your business, provide support, training, information, guidance and most of all, one which is going to be around for awhile.

For the individual writing The Big Check, I'd recommend that you look at those two factors first and go from there. Oh, there are many who would like to help you write The Big Check, but since it comes out of your account, you're the one who should be pleased with not only the coach, but the selection process, the quality of support and the match between your personal needs and the organization that is going to be there to support you.

Free advice is what it's worth! Good luck and keep checking in with us; it'll be interesting to see where you wind up!

Since JPJ decided to be crass and talk about money, you will learn very quickly buying a coach is not cheap, and buying a Liberty is even more expensive. I know a couple of things that I hope others will comment on.

First, it is probable the Liberty will hold its value as good as any other converter's product and better than most.

But more importantly, long after you have forgotten how much you paid you will still be secure in the knowledge you have one of the best, if not the best coach, and the level of support that other converters provide will rarely equal the continuing support Liberty will provide. It is hard to place a pricetag on that support, but when you need it it is priceless.