Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April Rally Dates

Default April Rally Dates

whew! Don't know where to begin - I just found my macerator pipe on the right rear, found the air bag leaking on the 3 belt side of the fan gear box, was polishing my stainless, and paint, - this board is great, - I even checked the air pressure in all 8 tires!- I hit something and knocked off the curb side drain pvc pipe - fixed that. Ordered new dome that I cracked for Satellite TV. time to take a break. --Breaks over
    How often do you check the water level of House batteries?

Two suggestions -1) post the rally dates on the calendar of this board - so I can remember
    2) give Jon a raise ( I promised to request one for him) He does a great job! I looked in Walmart for "I have my own grease pit coveralls" no luck -I went on a bought a pair of "I lay on the ground and change my oil"

Roger Foster

Roger,

If the planets are lined up you have no battery fluids to check. Your house batteries on a 97 Liberty should be AGM which have no maintenance requirements.

The bus batteries should be maintenance free. While I have had the Delco 1150 batteries in the past, I now have Interstate 1150 and both types do not require any maintenance either although they are wet cell.

I would guess that your batteries and tires should be new or very near new because when Liberty sells a coach these are two big ticket items that they will replace if they are nearing the end of their lives (around five or six years for each).

I've already spent that raise so I hope it is in my next check.

Default house battery check

Jon: Boy was that good news about the batterys- I was dreading the idea of trying to get to them to check. You are right about Liberty - tires are good and the batterys had been replaced by the previous owner in September 2005.
    I wouldn't think the raise would be retro-- but maybe. if that planets thing lines up - Roger

Roger,

Just make sure you verify everything I say, because if I don't know the answer I make things up.

Jon - in another words - like Ronald Reagan trust , but verify- will do.
    The coach batteries are definitely maintenace free, but the house batteries are unmarked Gray with caps - just no clearance to check level and am not to excited about trying to undo the Spaghetti bowl of leads in that compartment.

If you get real good at making things up - well- you could run for Senator in Mass. or keep working this board. Roger

Roger,

See if the batteries are maintenance free. If they are it will say it somewhere.

I have replaced my bus batteries twice in the last 16 years, and they lasted about 6 years. I never checked or added water. I had a somewhat lazy attitude about them because before complete failure I had an on-board 24 volt charger/converter that could (and was) used to give them a charge when they started to fail. If you have no built in charger for your bus batteries you do have to be very much aware of your bus battery age and condition.

On your Liberty Elegent Lady you actually have two fall back positions in the event your bus batteries die on you. You have a built in charger (it is above your batteries) and you can jump the 24V bus battery system with the 24 V house battery system.

I wouldn't worry at all about your bus batteries if you know they are a young age. Once they hit about five years you do need to pay attention.

Roger,

I hard wired in a marine battery charger (water resistant) for the bus batteries as they died on me once. (Had a bus full of kids getting ready to see xmas lights - bummer). My fault as I was playing a lot with the lights, (kid with a new toy syndrome) and killed the batteries. I put in a three stage charger that can stay on full time and not cook the batteries. About $150 - heading down to the bus barn so I'll get the model number for you. I just mounted on the bulk head next to the bus batteries and plugged into the outlet for the crankcase heater. Works great.

Mike

Roger,

I am sure Jon has a pair of those retiree coveralls. You know, the ones with all the pockets and the belt sewed into the waist with the little clasp in the front.

And Mike must have some poofter flowery coveralls if he can get Jon to change his oil for him. I think he will model them at the rally.

If Salvation Army or Goodwill has them, I'll be wearing them.

Default Real Oily Coveralls

My oil change coveralls
    Attached Images Attached Images