Thread: New Members

Default New Members

We picked up Jewel a few weeks ago and brought her to California. We are looking forward to learning all we can on POG. This is our first Prevost.

Don and Susan,

Congratulations on your new coach. Marathon makes a good conversion.

As you have questions, feel free to ask. There are no dumb questions.

Mark your calendar for the end of September and come to Sante Fe for our annual rally.

Again, congrats and welcome,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Welcome to the POG. I feel sure you'll be happy with your Marathon. I had a 1993 40' and we really liked it. Marathon is very good with their customer service.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Thanks for the welcome, Gil and Dale! One question. We've poked around the forum looking at the flat tow hookup suggestions and most of the info seems to be 3 or more years old. Is there any current info on flat tow gear? We have a Ford CMAX Energie that can be flat towed, but are still trying to figure out how to best attach it to the Prevost.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post

There are no dumb questions.
    I am proof the above is a correct statement!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by DonandSusan View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, Gil and Dale! One question. We've poked around the forum looking at the flat tow hookup suggestions and most of the info seems to be 3 or more years old. Is there any current info on flat tow gear? We have a Ford CMAX Energie that can be flat towed, but are still trying to figure out how to best attach it to the Prevost.

Thanks!
    Here ya go:

http://www.motorhome.com/download-dinghy-guides/

And...

https://www.fmca.com/motorhome/towin...eels-down.html

You may need to be a FMCA member to access the second link. Both guides have plenty of information (and ads) about towing equipment.

Take your pick of tow bars from Blue Ox, Road master or Demco. They are all good. I'll recommend the aluminum ones for corrosion resistance.

If you are going to add supplemental braking and brake away capabilities I recommend an air based system. I use Air Force One by SMI. The other dominant product is made by M&G. Air Force One is universal and M&G is vehicle specific. You should check your coach and see if it'still already setup for one of air systems.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion