Thread: AWNING WORK PERFORMED BY EXCALIBUR, IN SANFORD

Default AWNING WORK PERFORMED BY EXCALIBUR, IN SANFORD

Left me a bit disappointed... the fit finish and install were fine on the awnings and fairings, but for what I paid it should be.

the disappointments came from, them tearing open my inverters when they were tripping breakers ( older 4024 units, and 4 rooftops, with water heater and other draws will trip) called me when I dropped it off an said the ac was tripping breakers... told them they could only run 1 roof unit per bank, and no other huge draws... they didn't listen... removed panels and then disconnected the remote panels, and switched the bypass over to short power only. This all became apparent when I went to pickup, and doug was telling me how at least one of my inverters was bad and someone had been inside them... dohhhh that would be your people doug... next I learned all my food in freezer had thawed and been refrozen... needless to say it had to be thrown out, that was probably a couple hundred bucks of food as I had stocked up on some sausage I like in Alabama on my way through.... argh.... needless to say could have made someone pretty sick. paid a thousand dollars to have services, oil etc... didn't think to check it, probably should have... went 300 miles and parked for the night... 2 gallons low on oil... no my coach doesn't use 2 gallons in 300 miles, maybe a gallon every 1,000 miles if I'm pulling a stacker and running hard.... that was dangerously low... Wanted to replace my original sat radio antenna for a lower profile unit, they seemed reluctant to want to, so I got it from west marine in orlando and had uber drive it straight to them so they could install. I guess I would have thought they would have chased the antenna wire to the radio head unit, but instead was just coiled up inside the driver tv overhead compartment... along with plenty of debris from the install, including the loose and now hanging foil backed insulation that all needed re spray contact cemented back up.

All in all my assessment would be to not recommend. FWIW, I did reach out to Doug via email afterwards to communicate these issues, but didn't receive a response. Employees made it pretty clear that the "owner" came and went as he wanted, and was difficult to catch up with. Carving out a successful business is tough, and one should be mindful that "we" as business owners should work just as hard to keep our clients as it is to get them. That wasn't the case for me. Super nice guy, even took a blow to the head from my coach, but overall on a scale of 1-10, I would rate this service and work as a 6 best case....

Items never addressed but I asked, Indirect replacement light strips, either them or me, I just needed the material, I can install... didn't get fixed, not price quote, no material.... so if someone knows where I can get the original 2000 year vantage incandescent 12 and 120v light strips that fit into a channel that would be great so I can get my bad strips changed. I did get an estimate on the leather furniture recover but based on this experience wouldn't be inclined to take it back.

I know many on here know Doug and Excalibur, so I tried to keep emotions and opinions out and just facts... I hope someone else will find this review helpful.

Regards,
    Barb and Ken

http://www.excaliburcoachus.com/leve...ocation=Recent
    Last edited by KenEhresman; 04-30-2017 at 06:39 PM.