Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • DirecTV (Standard Definition Only)

5 55.56%
  • DISH (SD or High Definition)

4 44.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In-Motion Satellite Preference

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Wow! bet you are ready for some shuteye>

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Looks good Joe.

If this thread gets back on topic, I'm curious to hear the opinions from Dish In Motion users and if they are happy with the HD service. For In Motion, my bus has the DirecTV setup and while I'm finding it reliable, I sure wish it delivered HD programming and had a DVR so that it could record shows while I'm driving. This way I'll never miss an episode of Jerry Springer. Yeah, I was kidding with that one and wanted to see if you're actually reading this!

The other dish on the bus's roof is DirecTV HD with a DVR and because I'm used to using Tivo at home, the features pale in comparison. Also, it seems that I need to do a reset nearly every time I raise the dish in order to get the HD channels to appear. I spoke to DirecTV about this and they didn't seem surprised.

I'll add that I added a Tivo OTA box to the bus and while I'll reserve my opinion until I have more experience with it, I can say that so far, so good. As stated, I'm a fan of Tivo products.

Andy,

I asked this same question to the entertainer community. They ALL seem to chose DirecTV citing reliability. I still don't get it, unless it's what you use at home or DISH's programming doesn't meet someone's preference.

I've installed KVH RV-1 terminals with DirecTV and I was not impressed with SD. Of course, to each their own.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion