Thread: Nashville To Jacksonville - Atlanta Road Closures

Hybrid View

As an update, I took the 65/231/10 route and it provided a pleasant and relaxed driving experience. I divided it into two legs and camped overnight at Deer Run RV Park in Troy, Alabama. It's a small park with a variety of trailers, 5th wheels and Motorhomes as seasonal and short stay residents. The hosts were pleasant and the price for a level, gravel pull through was $35. Like Harvest Moon, a popcorn maker is located behind the front desk and a bag is provided at check in.

I only hit one parking lot 17 miles outside of Jacksonville that was a result of a nasty accident. I think it was a good decision to avoid the Atlanta area at least until they get their traffic patterns under control.

I work in Atlanta three days a week and am pleasantly surprised by how well people have adapted to the road closures. I would not re-route any trip through Atlanta merely because of the I-85 closure. I would merely be cognizant of what hours I passed through the city. That said, I would take that advice any time you need to drive a bus through Atlanta.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

Towson, thanks! It's always good to get information from someone that is local.
    Last edited by Gil_J; 04-04-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion