Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would like to add LED tail lights

Thumbs up Would like to add LED tail lights

We have 2001 H 345 Marathon would like to have LED lights any body have a supplier thanks dany

Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Here's another one. These folks are very reliable. http://www.ibpindustries.com/Prevost...revostbook.swf

You probably will not have an issue with the change-out but on some occassions, the draw is so low, they may not function as you might think. You will not need any other devices to create draw. I changed out mine 12 months ago and for some reason, four of the smaller reds have mostly burned out. I say mostly because they consist of some 8 or so separate lights. Only two or three of the separate lights in each bulb remained on. The change out affect is dramatic and I beleve a solid safety practice. When you change, be certain the bases are simply snug. I used a slight covering product to protect the contact base.
    My thoughts.
    Pres

FYI, the LED replacement bulbs are seldom effective. On the other hand purpose built sealed LED fixtures are a great improvement. I replaced my 3rd brake light with an LED fixture and added a brake light pulser. It is very ibvious. I have all other rear lights on the todo list. Also make sure they are DOT approved.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil Derlin let me know the place to get LED light fixture or manafurtur thanks Danny

We purchased the tail lights (LED) from international bus parts about six years ago. Very easy installation , they look great and you can see them a mile away in the daytime!!!!

Dany,

Did you ever do your LED conversion? Now that we are back, I may get around to changing mine.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Anyone know why the bulb replacement doesn't work as well as the fixture replacement? Are the bulbs just not a good match for the electrical system?
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

I did not change mine yet found the set they were $1400.00 didn't want to spend that much don't drive that much at knight thanks Danny