Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Image file types??

Cool Not quite right

[FONT="Book]Ray, Thanks for your input. This is what I get.

When the font is changed there are added statements.
    This is a test "Quote".
    [FONT="Times]It didn't used to be this way. "If it can't be fixed it doesn't matter", just wondered, "WHY"! JIM

[/FONT][/FONT]

Jim, I'm not sure why, but it appears you are missing a trailing double-quote char after the name of the font.

IN your post I see
    Code:
    [FONT="BOOK] more stuff .....[/FONT]
    when it should have the trailing " after the word BOOK.

Code:
    [FONT="BOOK"] more stuff .....[/FONT]
    Now why that " char is missing I can't explain. It seems to work fine for me. I also went back and looked at other threads, and noticed that I see " in many threads. The best I can guess is that not all forums on this site have been configured to allow HTML chars, and that's why we're seeing ", instead of ".

One thing that definately seems to cause this issue is using the "Preview Post" when making a post. If there is a " character, it will be converted to " by the preview panel. That might be a source of many of the errors.

Wink "Clueless"

Ray, Thanks for the opinion. Being less digital than the average urologist I don't have a clue!! I usually preview. I'll try a "quote" without the preview and see if there is a difference. JIM

Default nothing new

OK, The preview does have an effect in the body of the post but not the title, thats queer! JIM

Well, at least in any case if you see the " come up, you know you can go back and edit it back out.

Question Senior / Junior---Why & When

When I was searching the web for info on VBULLETIN to see if I could find out anything about why I am experiencing the various anomalys that I have commented on recently, I came upon something that I wondered about soon after I had joined P.O.G.. That is; Why were some members Senior and others Junior? Well according to VBULLETIN it has to do with a certain amount of posts which ammount when reached one then automatically moves from junior to senior.
    JIM