Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daytona 500

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Michael Walthrups crew chief was fined 100000 dollars and suspended indeffinatly for an oily substance with an odor found in the intake manifold. WOW, what could this substance have been?

Joe,

Not being a racing gearhead, what is the oily substance and what does it mean?

Mike

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

MM- It means he was way cheeting.

What was it? I'm trying to find out. Cup Officials are not revieling what it was.

Had to be something WAY OUT OF LINE.

How about it Toy Box, Tom whats the word down there?

In addition they impounded his car, stripped him of his qualifing time, sent him to the rear of the field for the twin 150s took 100 drivers points from him and the team is forced to go with a back-up car with no test or practice on it. This all in addition to 100000 large and no crew chief INDEFFINATLY. NO GOOD, BAD Michael, BAD BOY.

Could only have been one thing.

MangoRita - makes anything or anyone go FAST!

mm

The thought is it was some kind of oxidizer that would help with fuel octane which would help engine performance. TRD takes one on the chin.....

Default That's Racin

Joe,

The article below is an excerpt from That'sRacin.com a very good newsletter that covers the sport and comes free each week via email.

Pemberton said a gel-like substance was found inside the intake manifold in Waltrip’s car before qualifying. The team was allowed to put another manifold on the car, but when it was pressure checked in a subsequent inspection the substance reappeared.

“It was a foreign substance that we feel should not have been in the engine,” Pemberton said. “We feel the additive was in the fuel system or fuel cell at some point.” Pemberton would not identify the substance, but said it was something the inspector who found it said he had never encountered.

For the full story and other interesting racing news click on this link: http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/2923.html

Our local news indicated that the substance located in the manifold was gelled jet fuel. Maybe some our pilots can tell us how that will affect horsepower and speed in a racing motor.

Tim

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

From reading that it sounds like Toyota is,

THROWING MICHAEL UNDER THE BUS

Don't get me wrong I've nothing against him but when Toyota announced last year they were giving him a 3 car team I was questioning there sanity back then. Over the years IMHO his preformance has been below average at best. If he wasn't driving DEI stuff I don't think he would ever won Daytona or had half the success in restrictor plate racing either. What were they going with? Name reckognition. Some guys got all the luck. Unfortunetly for Mikey it looks like its run out.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 02-14-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Hey Joe,

Word here at the track has it that the strange substance has the same chemical mix as Jerk Chicken Sauce from some famous joint in VA.

Default Turbo Chicken Gravy

I have it from a very reliable source that its the best. Winners everywhere rave about it.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost