Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daytona 500

Default Daytona 500

Leaving Sunday for the Red Neck super bowl, will be just outside the front straight before turn 1 at the track. Look for big red surrounded by plastic.

Anyone else going?

YOU LUCKY DAWG! Do you pull for the Red Car?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Last year we were there was the year Jr. won.

We were turn 4, outside, under that Jumbotron on a telescopic boom that they haul around on a flatbed.

Do you do that every year?

lewpopp Guest

Tonight , about 8:30 we put our ears to the ground and heard the vibrations of the shootout. We're close enough. Just gave away 4 tickets to the next Fridays truck race. GO BODINE !!!!

Lew

Lewie,

Are you close to Bill & Jody, we're going to run down there with the Jeep one day while at the track to say hello? Lunch is on me and Jdub said he would reimburse me, cause lewbucks are no problem for anyone in the oil business.

King - We go each year to Daytona and both Charlotte races. Missed Charlotte last year because I was busy trying to keep Anaconda Boy from paying off Mildred while his sidekick Robin sat on the floor in his bus at night in his underwear sticking batteries to LED's.. Just ask Kevin, he was next to him and got secret pictures.

Default Serious Lewbucks

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Lewie,

Are you close to Bill & Jody, we're going to run down there with the Jeep one day while at the track to say hello? Lunch is on me and Jdub said he would reimburse me, cause lewbucks are no problem for anyone in the oil business.

King - We go each year to Daytona and both Charlotte races. Missed Charlotte last year because I was busy trying to keep Anaconda Boy from paying off Mildred while his sidekick Robin sat on the floor in his bus at night in his underwear sticking batteries to LED's.. Just ask Kevin, he was next to him and got secret pictures.
    I,m not sure there's any profit in Burning up Oil Wells.... I think your supposed to SALE the Oil.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Last minute to races. How would it work ?

We are over in Bradenton, FL where we live. If we were inclined to driver over to the race for a day or two, would we be able to get in and park on the infield ? I presume this is where Tom is parked? I have no clue how it works especially without advanced tickets. We have never done the race thing but since we are so close might be fun. Anyone know what the 2 minute drill would be if we wanted to go ?

We are parked inside next to the lake. If you need a spot with full hookups, my old spot is available next to the DAB fbo. It's called Speedway r v park. Can't miss it, ask for Ryan or Skip 877-787-2246. Tell them uncle George sent you.

Jeff Bayley Guest

I'm a complete goober about the track, where the lake is and all that. Sounds like the RV park is outside the track somewhere ?? I'm not too interested in the race itself but the party, hanging out (especially with other Prevost owners) and the general hubub of the event. The idea I guess would be to soak up the energy of everything BUT the race itself. Is it a week long party all week leading up to the big race and if I didn't care much about staying though the weekend would there be a place to park in the "thick of things" during the week and take it all in ?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

This afternoon Mr. James Hylton 72 years young made a qualifying run in a Childress prepaired car. OUTSTANDING. His time was not so good BUT he now gets to participate in the twin 150's as well. I love it!

Some of you may remember the name, he did have some poles and I believe some wins too, a few years ago.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 02-11-2007 at 06:27 PM.