Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Weather

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Bad Weather

I know Ben is camped out in Baileys drive in Braidenton and we are watching the weather channel and looks like they got it pretty hard early this morn. Hope everything is O/K down there. Called some folks we know in the Villages as well, haven't heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Igot it pretty hard early this morn. Hope everything is O/K down there. Called some folks we know in the Villages as well, haven't heard back.
    I just saw the news and the first thing that came to mind was "where are our friends and are they OK???" Please check in with us Roger, Micki, Jon, Di, Ben, Jeff, Helen, Lou, Kathy, and anyone else I missed

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Everything is fine here in Prevost Alley. (Lakeland). At 0800 this morning they had a warning to, "Head for your cellar, cover yourself with pillows and blankets and wait out the impending tornado. If winds are at 58 mph or higher or you witness penny-sized hail, notify your local law enforcement immediately."

Well, we don't have cellars here in Sandyland and I was online listening to the rain, talking with The Boss on the phone who is in Maine.

Most importantly, and gosh, hate to nit-pick, but if you are supposed to be covering your head in the cellar with blankets and pillows, how are you supposed to be Wally the Weatherman at the same time?

Oh well.

Storm has passed, headed for Frostproof, which may get frost in a couple of days.

Welcome to Florida!

All is well here in the camper.

lewpopp Guest

Tis a little breezy here but a neighbor mentioned we should expect something around noon.

Hope Jody and Bill are OKay in TGO. Looks like it went thru that area

As you all must know by now, I received the all important Anal award. I tried to read the direction on the bottom but my eyes need work. I remember Jeff(or someone) tell me that if dangerous things happen near me or my coach, remove the handle from the sheath and wave it around.

Hope my neighbors understand.

Looks like Liberty sold out their rally. Seems as though a lot of the overflow, maybe 2 or 3 coaches, has come into the ORA.

All is fine here. Deb, it's spelled "LEW"

Love ya all.

Lew

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post

All is fine here. Deb, it's spelled "LEW"
    Love ya all.
    Lew
    and I have typed LEW a thousand times, well maybe not a thousand--I guess I should not be on the phone with my friend Deb's husband "Lou" when I am writing about the real "Lew"

Glad you are all ok.......

ken&ellen Guest

Default Bad weather is an understatment!

14 reported dead and a church that had been built to with stand 150 mph winds was demolished. A tractor trailer was lifted off the highway and came to rest on another semi. I am afraid our Prevost's would have suffered the same fate. I am glad to see everyone sign in and report all is well.....even Lew...no matter how you spell it. Ken & Ellen

Nothing on the Treasure Coast (yet) and River Ranch dodged the bullet.

Tornados are scary, but so is -17 with a 25 mile an hour wind.

Awnings are in and were not under any big trees, but if a twister hits, all bets are off.

Mike and Karen

Default Something's Peekin....

I spoke to Roger about 15 minutes ago and he said, "What weather?" Seems he had A1 changing out some Norgren valves on the Blingmobile, so they were both in ignorant bliss.

And Jon must have been having some issues as I could hear him yelling "Anaconda" out in the background. They must be testing the "Turtlehead Early Warning System" that I am sure is an option on all Libertys

Talked to friends staying at Pelican Bay RV Resort this morning. They said, What weather? Alan and Diane will be touring Marco Island, Fla. today. On the other side, we had a record LOW last night of minus 18 in the Denver Metro area at 4:45 a.m.. Now the winds are hollowing at 25. They say our windchill is in the minus 30's. The Coach is all warm in the garage.

Ben Guest

We had rain and thunder but nothing else that I know of.

It sounded like a freight train for about 15 seconds, which is what a tornado is supposed to sound like, but maybe there was simply a freight train passing by nearby.

Heck, I even posted something on my blog during that time... it was about the weather, but it wasn't saying it was bad.

I won't be making it to the Liberty rally. This is my busy time of year, updating books, seminars and DVDs which means I work about 18 hours a day... the rest of the year I'm on near vacation which makes up for it. If Liberty had an open service slot after the rally, then I would have been there, but with that many coaches showing up, they are booked until mid month.