Thread: Awning Window

Default Awning Window

I have a weak awning window. The actuator will "unlatch" the window but the motor doesn't have the power to push the window open. I'm taking the easy way out. There's a solenoid within the window frame that I changed and that made no difference. The window has a gas cylinder "spring" like our cargo doors. The cylinder is marked as a Normont. The part number is NSE675A50PS180. The Normont website is worthless, has anyone replaced the "strut spring" and if you did where did you get it from. FYI the window is in the bedroom slide.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Rick,

Before you replace the strut try applying voltage (both positive and negative) directly to the motor. It's possible you have a poor connection on the switch or elsewhere that is creating too great of a voltage drop when the motor is on.

Here's a couple of sources that might be able to cross reference the Normont part:

LST Technologies (Click Here)
    Associated Spring Raymond (Click Here)

Good luck,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I've got a window that "Slams down" when I close it. Got to be the gas strut referenced above? I'll follow up when I track down a replacement part number and source.