Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrecker Yards

IMG_20161005_184807.jpg

Service body gone bunk off but I am hanging on to it.

IMG_20161005_190029.jpg

IMG_20161005_190052.jpg

Here is the travel trailer I'm removing the suspension from and putting on this chassis. Haven't had to do any stretching whatsoever. Look at how perfect the 2 back ends match up. Don't u love it when a plan comes together!! Stand by for updates its full speed ahead. Woooohooo I got a camper with big wheels and some horsepower again. I weighed the thing when I sold the service body to a local scrap yard. 17000 lb as it sits. That means when I'm done I'll have a camper with a 450hp cat mother tipping the scales at under 25000lb. Get the picture. Yaaaaaa baby

Nice looking rig Joe. I'm sure it will look very different the next time we see it!
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

What are you gong to haul your tools in? The transformation looks good, keep us updated on progress.

Hey Denny how have u been? Tell Ruth Ann hello.

My 1 ton diesel van is going away and I'll replace it with a 18 or 20 ft enclosed trltr. I've found aluminum 4 by 8 ft sheets they skin hallmark trlrs in. I'll peel the current siding off of the camper and reskin it after I square the front of it and cut an opening to match the one in the back of the cab.

Once I get it up on the truck it will talk to me and I'll decide how I put the lower skirts and compartments. I recon a lot of it will happen this winter in fl.

I've gotten quite busy finding time will be a factor but there is always 2am right!!

Sounds like a great plan Joe. Keep us updated with pics as you develop your camper. That large trailer will give you plenty of room to operate from.

I have been able to witness the transformation from picking up the truck in Eastland, TX to all kinds of modifications. I have been able to lend Joe a place to work and modify his creation so that he can get it to Chicago for final fitting. He has been very creative and resourceful in his planning stages. I'm just glad to say that I was there at the birth of this project. Joe is a very talented and creative guy for those of you who may not have met or known Joe in the past. if you have a bus that needs looking after, you need to put him on your routine maintenance list. He replaced 23 air fittings on my bus last week and for the first time in two years, I have good pressure again. Thanks Joe!!!!
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

LOL. Tony I wasn't going to reveal just where u were at when I got here but now that u brought it up.....

Your XLV would not get over 80psi at idle when I got here and now it's sitting on 125psi for days and that makes a happy happy bus.

We got your aux air compressor to cycle less than once a day and replaced the original aux compressor with a California air so when it does go on u can't barley hear it anyway. Got prevo to get the otr ac and the trans retarder squared away. Upgraded the original Heart inverters to a pair of 4000w Magnums. Got the toilet flushing and calibrated the tank sensors. Upgraded to an auto adjuster on the alternator belt. Put A Fresh Set Of Rubber brake Hoses and brake Relay valves. Did a lot of rubbing and and gave your liberty some good lovin. It's ready for the next 20 yr.

U really need to do something about these little scorpions and all the prickly cockleburrs. In chicago our lawns r sod. We roll in them with our dogs quite comfotably and without fear of being stung.

The wrecker shows up today and the metamorphosis of the peterbuilt will take place promptly at 8am wooohoooo. It's 4am and coffee is brewing.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 10-11-2016 at 05:36 AM.

Joe is the go-to guy when it comes to Prevost suspensions. For some odd reason he enjoys the limited dirty work area under these buses.

The auto adjusting belt tensioner was a good idea. Until I looked, I has no idea how pricey that conversion kit was. Still, if the old manual adjuster has problems the conversion is a good investment.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Prevo can only get the pully bearings. DD has made all the manual adjusters obsolete so it was the only choice.

If I were going to try this, mine would probably look more this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!