Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stupid is as Stupid Does

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Ted,

I hope you don't chock you chicken and choke your wheels.
    Those East Texas Boys know what to do with their chickens...

Thanks, Lew, I fixed it. Gordon, you are right about knowing our chickens. Jan decided a couple of months ago that she wanted a flock of chickens this spring. We haven't fooled with um for a few years so I had to rebuild the chicken house and rework the run. The owls are bad to kill chickens down here, so the run is covered with shade netting to keep them out. Jon won't like reading this, but we picked the first bunch of tomatoes this evening. His whole garden will be overgrown with weeds by the time he gets back from NY. Nice timing A-1. The lady who runs a big peach orchard up the country a bit brought me a big basket of the seasons first this morning. East Texas is about to burst forth and life is good!!

Hey Mel.........

I have 100 cubic yards of mulch recently spread on my property along with many gallons of Roundup to prevent or kill any unwanted growth. I don't have to worry about no stinkin weeds.

I just wish we were pickin maters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Jim, after a wine/ketchup/milk spill while going through the Smokies we added wide velcro strips at the top of the freezer / refrigerator doors. Quick and easy and not only that, when going down the highway it is easy to remove the strip and open the doors.
    Jon,

Email pats@marathoncoach.com at Marathon Coburg, Pat is the service manager for Marathon Coburg. tell him you are a friend of mine, ask him to send you their Marathon latch that they use on their refrigerators, they are simple and easy to install. I think they made these latches, not sure? Older style ones, not the magnetic ones.
    Last edited by 0533; 05-23-2009 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdelorme View Post
    Thanks, Lew, I fixed it. Gordon, you are right about knowing our chickens. Jan decided a couple of months ago that she wanted a flock of chickens this spring. We haven't fooled with um for a few years so I had to rebuild the chicken house and rework the run. The owls are bad to kill chickens down here, so the run is covered with shade netting to keep them out. Jon won't like reading this, but we picked the first bunch of tomatoes this evening. His whole garden will be overgrown with weeds by the time he gets back from NY. Nice timing A-1. The lady who runs a big peach orchard up the country a bit brought me a big basket of the seasons first this morning. East Texas is about to burst forth and life is good!!
    Got 8 "mater" plants going this year - couple starting to yield this week.....nothing like a proper E. Texas breakfast with fresh Tomato.

Enjoy them maters from TX now. In a few weeks everything in the entire state will be dried and brown.

But its a dry heat, right?

Default Mator Plants Froze

We got our Mators out just before the Mississippi Dan Outing and got back to frost last Sunday Night. So it will be a while till we get them mators. Did get some fresh lettuce and onions with hot grease. That's called a wilted salad around here. It was good.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    We got our Mators out just before the Mississippi Dan Outing and got back to frost last Sunday Night. So it will be a while till we get them mators. Did get some fresh lettuce and onions with hot grease. That's called a wilted salad around here. It was good.

There used to be a little cafe in downtown Oklahoma City that was famous for their wilted lettuce salad. They used bacon drippings to wilt the lettuce. Just good Southern cooking. I think there is a law against serving something so good these days. I never figured I'd live to be as old as Lew anyway, so if it's on the menu I'm gonna order it.