Thread: How Quiet Is A Prevost Conversion

Default How Quiet Is A Prevost Conversion

Been looking at a new Entegra Cornerstone versus a 2002-2006 Prevost conversion. Entegra markets their coaches as the most quiet motorhome. On the Entegra owners site,however, their are entries of owners complaining of excessive road noise and wind noise around the windows. My question is: how quiet should I expect a Prevost conversion to be? Are you guys always fussin' with wind noise around windows or side mirrors or chasing down excessive road noise issues?

There are many variables that affect the noise while traveling, so it may be a little hard to pin down a definitive answer. I have ridden in several Prevosts of different models and years, and they were all a little different as far as ride and noise. I have also owned several hi-quality fiberglass Class A motorhomes, and none of them were any where close to the ride and quietness of a Prevost. The old saying of, "nothing rides/drives like a Prevost" really does have merit. I think the most unique thing about the Prevost ride is that age affects them much less than other RVs because of the fact the Prevost is built on a bus chassis designed to haul passengers in ultimate comfort.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Take a H-3 and XL-II out for a ride and decide for yourself.

Keep in mind you are comparing a new Entegra with a 10+ year old Prevost. Not all 10+ year old coaches of any make will be the same.

My 08 Beaver Contessa with less than 20K miles was noisier than my 99 XL, Country Coach conversion or my 03 H-3, Hoffman conversion.

Best of luck,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Like you, I was interested in the Entegra Cornerstone and I had extensively researched the company, its construction techniques, etc. I met the Entegra representative at the FMCA rally in Perry, GA, who told me that I just had to drive one. So, we went for a thorough test drive in one of their 2014 "show" Cornerstones they had at the rally.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with the ride and the amount of wind noise, especially around the driver's area. I owned a Newmar Mountain Aire at the time that was eight years old, and the Newmar rode better and was quieter.

In fairness to Entegra, the Cornerstone has undergone significant changes since 2014, and maybe Entegra has made some improvements.

After that test drive experience, I had the opportunity to drive a couple of Prevost conversions. Both were very quiet and offered a very smooth ride. There really was no comparison with any motorhome I had ever driven, including the Cornerstone, which cost about the same amount of money. If the quality of the ride is an important factor to you, I recommend that you drive a few Prevost conversions before you make a decision.

Thanks all, I do plan to do the test. Sometimes a test drive isn't enough to duplicate real world driving experiences so that is why I threw it out there. Quality of ride and quiet factor is way up there for me, right there with floor plan. I know if I don't thoroughly enjoy driving it I won't want to keep long.

After numerous "plastic" MH's from basic to expensive...I can guarantee you that NOTHING drives or rides like a Prevo. And that includes any other bus conversion. We consider everything spent on the others over a 30 yr period wasted dollars. After our second Prevo, we're still trying to figure out how we could be so dumb for so long. Geo.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

I agree with the others, nothing drives like a Prevost!

Life is short,,,Buy the bus, As an old tour bus driver, the Prevost was designed as a commercial vehicle to transport 54 people down the highway in complete safety and comfort. You can't duplicate the ride and environment. Lucky for us Prevost owners, someone years ago decided to build a beautiful home inside one. What more could you want. Enjoy the ride.

FLTRISK
    Greg Hudson
    H3 Liberty Lady