Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RV Resort site ownership

Unspoken in the previous discussion is the monthly cost of maintenance associated with ownership. Personally, we like visiting different places and ownership would not work for us.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

While in St. Augistien we stayed in an ownership park and it seemed to work pretty well for the members there.It is more of a summer destination.

Being more in northern Florida it is vacent in the winter months and the members take advantage of there sights themselves by wintering there.

Occupancy rates for the other 8 or 9 months are VERY good in terms of rentals.

This, seemed to us to be a good compramise, and investment as well. Just an observation. I think The Great Outdoors, also might fit this mold, not to mention we loved it there.

Default Moving from site

When Karen and I were staying at Bluewater Key RV resort in Key West, we had to move to a different site because the owner of the site we were in was coming in unexpectedly.

Is this a common problem for RENTERS staying in an ownership park?

Has anyone else had this problem?

It seems that all of the ownership parks have this rule. Maybe that is one reason why some people BUY a site as opposed to renting.

I agree with GaryDe and Jon, I would prefer to visit different places and have the money invested in income-producing real estate.

When we visited ORA at Port St. Lucie, about 50 lots out of 259 were for sale. It looks like quite a few people are trying to flip their sites. The reasons for selling are many and varied, but it seems to me that except for being a snowbird (which we are not) buying in after the park is complelely developed would be risky. Any thoughts?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

lewpopp Guest

TGO is mainly for golfers. Don't get in the way of the golf carts. Rumor has it that Jody got picked off by a golf cart after she gave some one a digit.

Did anyone notice the resemblence that Bill and Casey have?

There's no shortage of Lewbucks here at ORA. Owners are grabbin' up NEW Prevosts every day. Good for them, but I'm jealous.

Lew

Tuga, its like you said... Baby Boomers (BB'S) are coming of age! So, those parks will be more desirable. If they keep building them and meet demand, the price will stabilize. But if demand far exceeds supply, those sites will appreciate. Depends on the Location a great deal. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

To add to the uncertainty, if fuel prices skyrocket the entire RV business will collapse and owners of sites bought for big bucks will not only be upside down, but they won't be seeing many renters because a lot of RV owners won't spend the money for fuel.

Our prophet has spoken again If fuel prices skyrocket RV-ing will be the cheapest pleasure available (other than "enjoying" the virtual world like www.secondlife.com). If you could guarantee skyrocketing fuel prices, I would be building concrete pads all along the hurricane-prone coasts

kmuller Guest

Default Site Ownership

Every decision has it's risk/reward that needs to be individually balanced. If we took the cost of a bus, new or used, annual maintenance, insurance, storage etc and divided by days used, we all would be institutionalized. The fact that we all don't live in double-wides and drive ten year old cars says there is more to life then being rational. Own or rent, new or ten year old bus, work on it yourself or have it serviced......these are choices that drive the free market. So let's just drive what we like and park where we want and enjoy our diversity of choice.

Thumbs up

Karl,

Well said!

John

I have to disagree with Imre. We are incapable of predicting how hard fuel prices impact the RV industry because most of us are unaffected by fuel prices. But our company is a large supplier to the campground industry (www.jamestownadvanced.com) and I can assure you when fuel prices go up, campground sites sit empty. It is irrational, but that knee jerk reaction has been shown many times over the years we have sold products to campgrounds.